August Challenge Sat Aug 9th - Fri 15th

Options

Replies

• howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Well we are into our second weekend and still have 9 people in it. I think we should have a rule and if you say the day before that you are not going to have access then it could be counted as a post for that day. I would hate to see Stacy lose her status because of a planned trip.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Howie-agree with hating to see Stacey out when she has pre-explained vs forgetting. Which I almost did yesterday.

Sunday-guess we can call the entire weekend a bit off normal. Yesterday beerfest. Today state fair. While I have no desire for weird food on a stick or fried Oreos etc. Wisconsin State Fair cream puffs are to die for. I have loved them since childhood. Bright side they are fairly close to whole real foods. Freshly made whipped cream from WI farms. Nothing artificial. No preservatives. Very little sugar. Not really sweet at all. Just tons of good decadent fat on a small pastry. Only 14gr carb per giant cream puff. But they are a pastry and I generally avoid grains. Oh well. I'll enjoy one today. And will probably get one to go for tomorrow. State fair is once per year. I plan on enjoying it.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Morning all, checking in. Forgot my FItbit this morning:grumble:
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I ate way too much sugar Friday and Saturday. I am definitely feeling it today. Weekends are so hard. Back at it.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Howie, I agree with you suggestion as well.
    Carol I watched your interview with Rachel Guy, she's a cool chick. Great interview! After watching it I googled her image and she looks awesome! Muscular strong thighs and she even has an " Adonis belt" which is super hard for a woman to get. Her body reminds me of Gina Carano (former MMA champ) Both of them are hot chicks that are bada**
    See those are the bodies I aspire to, strong and lean not the thin celebrities and supermodel body that so many young women are trying to acheive.
    So the lower carb this week helped I lost 1.7lb! Next week I'm upping my calories!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in. Back home from camping and can't wait to again. Love camping and haven't done enough of it the last couple of years!
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finished my pull workout a few hours ago. Ill probably start my deload later this week.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Too much beer and brownies Saturday night turned into 2 lbs. Well, it is Monday and time to get back to the normal routine. I smell good coffee and a workout today. Mmmmm... Coffee!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks, The coffee is hot and the sun is rising. Have a great day/week. and keep on jammin!.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, all! Time for some Tea, Earl Grey, Hot, then off to work!
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    So Stacy was this the weekend you were going to miss a day? I see you checked in both days.

Weekend started out good but ended badly. I have a love hate relationship with weekends. LOL Lots of good food and beer but not good on the diet. This summer has been hard to lose any weight.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Monday morning is here! I did pretty well yesterday at the USPSA shoot, and the boys did too. The plus side of these matches is lots of walking for hours.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning Monday, got to work and realized I left my coffee on the kitchen counter.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    So Stacy was this the weekend you were going to miss a day? I see you checked in both days.

Yes, it was... I thought I would miss Saturday but my husband needed gas for the truck so we drove to the nearest town. Funny thing is, the town does not have cell service. There is one spot on the side of the road between the campground and the town that you can get a very weak signal -- they even have signs that say "Cell Service Pull Out 1/4 mile." So I made my husband stop long enough for me to log in and submit my post for Saturday. Yep, I'm that dedicated! :laugh:

Though I doubt I will be able to do that when/if we go backpacking!

Did great on my eating while camping, but did so awful the morning before and the evening after the trip, I don't want to even think about....:frown:
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options

That was me on Friday. This odd feeling of wanting credit for my steps....but then telling myself how ridiculous that was, as my body was still getting the benefits of using the restroom in the other building at work, only using stairs, etc. Still its weird how much I want those steps to "count"

As an aside, the two people who have had the most profound effect on my journey to health are the guests on the current Bodyio podcast (Kiefer and Rocky's). Sarah Fragoso and Jason Seib. They were the ones who finally got me off the diet roller coaster, and truly focused on health, vitality for the long term vs. a short term solution that inevitably lead to back sliding and unfortunately re-gain plus. While not perfect to what they preach, I'm getting there. First focused on *several months* of healing my metabolism - both in amount of calories and in being fat adapted, getting proper sleep, and stress management/meditation..along with lots of daily movement. Still not there on consistent strength training and sprinting. But getting better, and to point where food, sleep, movement and stress management are routine. Can't say pounds on scale are flying off...however, I'm now wearing lots of clothes I haven't been able to for years....and health markers/bloodwork are pretty phenomenal. Not to mention I can easily take off on a 30-40 mile bike ride or 6 mile hike without worrying about gels, GU or bonking. That's nice.

Love them. Seriously.
  • heronh
    Options
    Mark glad your boys and you are did well.
    Stacy, You are so dedicated
    Beerbikegirl sounds like you are on the right path to a healthy sustainable lifestyle. :flowerforyou:

I partnered with a guy in Muay Thai who didn't hold back his kicks and.... I have a couple of bruised ribs. :laugh: I don't mind and I do want to build up tolerance to harder kicks. So here's hoping that I get to partner up with a guy today.
  • heronh
    Options
    My vegetable garden is starting to resemble a jungle.... This is the first year that I bought a soil blend (6 yards) specific to planting vegetables and I did not anticipate how well all of them will do. But its a good "problem" to have.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm happy everyone seems to be doing so well! Have a great week!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

That was me on Friday. This odd feeling of wanting credit for my steps....but then telling myself how ridiculous that was, as my body was still getting the benefits of using the restroom in the other building at work, only using stairs, etc. Still its weird how much I want those steps to "count"

As an aside, the two people who have had the most profound effect on my journey to health are the guests on the current Bodyio podcast (Kiefer and Rocky's). Sarah Fragoso and Jason Seib. They were the ones who finally got me off the diet roller coaster, and truly focused on health, vitality for the long term vs. a short term solution that inevitably lead to back sliding and unfortunately re-gain plus. While not perfect to what they preach, I'm getting there. First focused on *several months* of healing my metabolism - both in amount of calories and in being fat adapted, getting proper sleep, and stress management/meditation..along with lots of daily movement. Still not there on consistent strength training and sprinting. But getting better, and to point where food, sleep, movement and stress management are routine. Can't say pounds on scale are flying off...however, I'm now wearing lots of clothes I haven't been able to for years....and health markers/bloodwork are pretty phenomenal. Not to mention I can easily take off on a 30-40 mile bike ride or 6 mile hike without worrying about gels, GU or bonking. That's nice.

Love them. Seriously.

Some of the best voices out there.
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whats up everyone. Monday ended up being another clean day of eating. I have a family reunion this weekend so hopefully I don't do too much damage. Unrelated to workouts, I have a new pistol waiting for me at my LGS so I might have to hit the range a few days during my deload week. Keep it up everyone.