Workouts of choice

Options
Before we begin, I'm interested in learning what your favorite workouts/routines are. Me personally I'm a big fan of Insanity and Insanity Asylum. I also play a lot of basketball.

What's your choice?

Replies

• littlechinagail
    littlechinagail Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I kick box and run. Once a week I have been attempting hot yoga.
  • GameTimeKB24
    Options
    Wow, kickboxing! That's pretty cool. Good stuff.
  • Rednbrown
    Rednbrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im actually a competitive powerlifter so I do alot of weight training, but increasing my cardio of late - walking/running/swimming. Wish the 'activity feed' would actually include strength because it just looks like I do stretching....
    Glad I stumbled upon this group!! Looking forward to it!!
  • jmsteigleman
    jmsteigleman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like yoga, swimming and walking. I did just started running again, trying to stay consistent at a 3 miles a day, I will include strength training too. Seems as I age, I need to increase my exercise program to keep the lbs. off.
    looking forward to this challenge, need the support!
  • DawnOssett
    DawnOssett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am just getting over some feet/knee injuries so I have started slowly jogging again after 3 months off.
    I loved 30 day shred but have to stay away from lunges/squats at the moment.
    I like swimming but it's sooo boring and I can't put my head underwater so end up cricking my neck trying to keep my head out of the water.
    Like water aerobics and badminton.
  • Uniklymade
    Uniklymade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! my workout routine is following HIPHOP ABS, for at least 20 minutes per day, that's all my fat as can stand, for now. 10 week challenge, I'm on board
  • Uniklymade
    Uniklymade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow weigh in...I'm scared, but for the next 10 weeks, I will be following along.
  • LianeMD1975
    Options
    My workouts consist of a mix of P90x, Insanity, & running (treadmill). However, I ordered the Asylum dvd set yesterday and that will be my primary workout for the next 60 days. When I can manage it, I like to do two a days, which consist of 1 dvd workout in the morning and 60 minutes on the treadmill before bed.
  • DianeinFL
    DianeinFL Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im just joining your board. Im getting married at the end of Oct so I need motivation! As for exercise Im in for some knee surgury to repair a small tear in my meniscus so Doc told me only walking and some yoga. So exercise is better than none. I have about 20 pounds to lose
  • MysteriousUndead
    Options
    My workouts is workouts I find on youtube. I plan on doing fitnessblender, Pilates and this one workout I found that really helps burn off fat!
  • beautyforashes777
    Options
    I like to either walk, do yoga, or follow Blogilates videos on youtube. Her workouts are more intense than they sound. I wipe out after ten minutes.
  • MegzWord
    Options
    Just joined the group and am excited for the extra motivation. Joined a boxing club a month ago and am kickboxing/boxing 3-4 times per week and walking 3 miles 2-3 times per week in the mountains by my house. Started using this app about 2 weeks ago - so far, only 1 LB lost but think the inches are changing a bit (didn't take measurements until a few days ago). Have a 4 1/2 month-old baby, a 3-year old and a full time job with an hour-commute each way = not enough hours in a day! Husband is supportive but this is the first time I've struggled with weight loss. Tips and tricks appreciated!
  • tatowndoc
    tatowndoc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have some knee issues so mine will be low key. This group will push me!
  • gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I run three times weekly and take a spin class two times weekly.
  • samalam29
    samalam29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a general gym workout gal- 1 1/2 hrs cardio, 1/2 hr-1hr machines and free weights. Jogging is not an option for my knee :(
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    I'd train 5 days a week, Day 1: Chest & Back, Day 2: Shoulders, Day 3: Legs, Day 4: Chest & Back, Day 5: Biceps & Triceps.
    Every other day I train my front & lower abs and my obliques. The days in between I train my core. Day 1,4,5 I superset the exercises

And 6 days a week: 30 minutes of HIIT (Love it) right after I finish my workout so that my carbs stores are at a minimum (to focus on burning fat).

Takes me 1 hour 30 mins in the gym but I'm hoping I'll lower that once I get to know the exercises better.
  • Cbanjo
    Cbanjo Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity workout almost a month agao and l am now doing the following workouts:

Chalean Extreme- Lean Phase-Week 4
    Hip Hop Abs- Week 4
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred- Level 3
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Ripped- Week 2

I then do 4 miles power walking thrice a week,
  • browneyes12
    browneyes12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do yoga once or twice a week along with 2 days of group fitness (general circuit). I walk sometimes, but need to do much more.
  • PJBisbee
    PJBisbee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lift weights a the gym about 3 days a week. I jump on the bikes or elliptical once a week. I struggle with cardio - find it boring. I try to walk at least 5 days a week too.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I ride to work 3 times a week and run twice a week. I'm trying to getting into weight lifting and Yoga just not in love with it yet.