Counting Calories

Options
SrVishi
SrVishi Posts: 2 Member
I am a fairly recovered male who struggles with anorexia and bulimic tendencies(exercise purge/non vomit) and, while of a lean frame, and weight, have a bit of flab I would like to get rid of. I just want to get lean abs and be toned (in a HEALTHY way). Problem is, whenever I count calories (I have a healthy amount of calories in my regimen), I either get too restrictive, or end up bingeing for whatever reason. I have heard other people say that in the long run, calorie counting has helped in the long run ad to just go with it, but I was wondering what people here think. Should I continue counting calories? Should I just eat intuitively? has anyone ever got toned abs by not counting calories/ I.E?

Replies

• amyonfiree
    amyonfiree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I count calories, I end up very obsessive every single time, and then like you, I end up binging eventually. I started just using a notebook and writing down what I eat (not the calories--though honestly i know the calorie counts of a lot of things lol) so it helps me see that I'm eating clean but I don't get too obsessed with numbers. I think you probably already know what to eat and not eat for flat abs, so maybe just writing down what you're eating and not the calorie count of it would help you with your goals without getting to obsessive and/or ending in a binge.
  • n3rdp0sse
    Options
    I like this idea - I find the whole calorie counting thing too hard but I do need to take a long, ahrd look at what I actually eat