August 11, 2014

Options
How were your weekends? What did you do this weekend?

I am excited today because me and my husband are going to the Seminar at the hospital tonight, it's another step in the process.

I managed a whole day yesterday with no sugar and no snacks. It was difficult but it will make today easier to cope with. I need a low sugar plus protein breakfast I think and see if that will sustain me through the morning.

So weekends everyone?

Replies

• julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Well this is a first! One of the girls at work came in with home made cookies this morning. She stuck the bowl right under my nose so I took one.. ate about a third.. decided it was too sweet for me and threw the rest in the garbage. She came back and I refused!! Go ME!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Weekend was good overall. Didn't do as much as I would have liked. I needed to clean and I needed to workout, and I didn't really do either. But my guy and I had a few really nice moments of reconnection, so that was good. Have to renew that connection daily. It is what sustains me.

Julie, you've got quite a few successes going on there!! Rock it, woman. :) The cookie deal is a huge one... Glad you were able to resist. May this be one more notch in your belt that makes the next step easier! Oh, and for breakfast, my best meal is eggs. 2-4 eggs, sometimes with a breakfast meat, sometimes not. Sometimes a slice or two of toast. But if I don't have eggs, I'm starving all morning. If I do have them, I'm so much better off! And doing this has lowered my cholesterol!!

Hugs,
    Carly in OK
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Weekend was good and quite relaxing, which is nice since we're out of town for the next three weekends. I got some new clothes and I'm looking forward to having some things that fit again!

Julie, congratulations on the cookie situation! Someone here brought in fresh, still warm from the oven, homemade cinnamon rolls and the kitchen is just around the corner from my cubicle. The smell is about to drive me mad with desire!

Carly, I'm glad you had some quality time with your guy. That's so important :)
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It was quite a nice weekend for me. I went to the demolition derby on Friday and the roller derby on Saturday and I squeezed in 90 minutes of tennis and 90 minutes of swimming on Saturday morning. Julie, great job with the cookies. Refusing stuff from co workers is never an easy task.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the Coooookie. Weekend was exhausting. Too much time in the sun but I swam my *kitten* off in a very choppy lake. Had a blast. Sunday was horrible. I slept too much and got absoluely nothing done and now I am paying for it. I feel like I am in a fog and am very grumpy. Very. I feel like I am going to throat punch someone just because I am at work. I want to go back to the lake. I am having a almost 40 yr old adult fit because I have to be at work. (Big baby I am)

On a happier note, this morning I hit a 7 yr all time low.. .2lbs down from last year's low. So I have officially lost all the weight I gained back this year and then some. Woo woo. I haven't even done the math yet so let me get my calculater out because like I said.. fog.. 57.8lbs in about 5 months. Lets just see if that holds because the docs scale last week had me weighing 16lbs more.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I worked through most of weekend so didn't see it really pass. The work was good because I was on a roll. I had to force myself to get out on the bike but once I did that was good. Just lots of work all around.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for sunday and a nice, really long, tiring ride. Come on 50 miles!