Guardians of the Galaxy

Options
2»

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Some facts and trivia from the movie I found on the internet.
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo4_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo5_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo10_r1_500.png
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo6_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo7_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo8_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo9_r1_500.png
    tumblr_na1wp4Cj8U1qewacoo3_r1_500.png
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Such a good movie :)

Also love those ^ and the last one, aww :blushing:
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've seen it twice! Missed Nathan's cameo the first time but was prepared for the second. :) My boyfriend went with me the 2nd time and I kept turning to see him laughing so hard. Such a fun movie, will definitely buy it and watch A LOT.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people never got the Beta Ray Bill reference at the beginning of the movie, I must be a super geek...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I missed a lot of references. Too much noises in the theater (laughter), I still don't always understand what everyone says all the time, and I didn't grow up in the US so a lot of things probably went way over my head... still loved it.

Just wished it was a bit more young kid friendly so I had an excuse to see it again while taking the kids (they're 6. My son would be ok I think but not my daughter). I guess I'll wait for the blu-ray, although it's pretty much killing me.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I (puffy heart) loved this movie..... On the way there my kiddo asked me what my favorite movie (seen in theater was) and at the end of the GotG I qualified and said... "this one..."
  • Francl27
    Options
    I still Avengers the most, but this was a close second with Winter Soldier.
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    LOVED it! Took the family on saturday to see it, esp loved the " dance off" distraction scene :}
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Funniest movie I have seen in years. My boys were laughing throughout, not as much as the adults who understood more of the jokes.

"And we need his artificial eye..." The adult are breaking up, the kids are going Huh?
  • Francl27
    Options
    So my almost sister in law posted an article on FB today about how sexist the movie is... http://gingerhaze.tumblr.com/post/94387257773/in-what-way-was-guardians-sexist

Am I the only one who's just not seeing this? I mean, yeah, the female characters' background wasn't deep, but except for Starlord, none of the 'guys' had a very extensive background either. Sure, Nebula's character is a bit lacking, but I can only assume it will be expanded in the sequel... I don't know, it's like as soon as a female character is a bit weaker (and I didn't find Gamora weak at all), it's called sexist. And that bothers me more.

I mean, I agree that Marvel Studio needs stronger female characters, but honestly I don't care, I'm more interested in the dudes anyway :laugh:
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Sunday night! It was so great! I already loved Chris Pratt from Parks & Rec.

(Yeah, it was kind of sexist, but take what you like and leave the rest)
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Only passing familiarity with the storyline from the comic universe (which they seemed to change up anyway) but took my son to check it out. Absolutely LOVED it beyond all my expectations! Very cool flick and can't wait to see more with it.
    ~ Cheers!