Confusion regarding tracking run

Options
First off, I apologize if this has been addressed previously, I could not find any other related topics.

I have used my FitBit Flex for a while now to track my runs. I recently decided to use MFP in conjunction with my FitBit and am confused about how I should track my runs.. it says to NOT use FitBit to track exercise, but I haven't been able to find how I can track my run using MFP. I like how my FitBit & iPhone use GPS to show me where I ran, how far, my pace etc..

Has anyone else dealt with this already? I would love your input! :happy:

Replies

• Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    I don't follow MFP's advice not to track exercise on fitbit. If I log exercise, I log it to fitbit directly and that works better for me. I think the reason MFP suggests logging it here is because MFP will log it to fitbit for you so your workout shows in two places. Something to be aware of--if you log a workout to MFP then whatever you log replaces whatever fitbit estimated (just like if you logged it to fitbit directly). I mainly log an activity if i feel the calorie burn needs to be corrected or if it is an activity fitbit does not track well. If I log walking or running, I often lose very active minutes and it sometimes changes my step count. The calorie burn is usually about the same between my fitbit and heart rate monitor app for walking and running--the exception is if hills and steep inclines are involved.
  • aveldkamp
    Options
    Thank you for your reply! Lots of good info.. I will probably just stick with using my FitBit app! :wink:
  • parker313_99
    parker313_99 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that if I go for a run or a walk, then Fitbit will automatically transport that over into MFP as "calorie adjustment". I don't bother logging it since it's already tracked.

If this link works, that Fitbit adjustment showed up automatically when I synced - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/diary/parker313_99