what to do with...zucchini?

Options
TheBoldCat
TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
hi everyone,

we have so many zucchini at our garden. Am searching for some yummy recipes so it won't be wasted.

..any suggestions?

Replies

• LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you can make hummus out of it with a food processor and some garlic and other spices
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can slice it thin lengthwise and put it in lasagna, you can even skip the noodles if you have enough. Spiralize, julienne on a mandoline, or use a peeler to make long strips and use like spaghetti. Make stuffed zucchini. Roast it with other veggies and have roasted vegetable primavera.

I love zucchini if you couldn't tell.
  • Juls212
    Juls212 Posts: 12
    Options
    I literally just used zucchini instead of noodles in my spaghetti last night! So much better, i peeled it into strips then lightly sauteed them till limp and topped it with pasta sauce. It was very good.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I put it in my tofu scramble, use the vegetti to make it into noodles in place of pasta, grill it and build a stack of zucchini, portabella and roasted red pepper topped with pesto, roast it and throw it in salads or burritos.
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Zuchinni boats!!!!!
    I made them for Thanksgiving last year. so good. And easy!
  • CincyTim
    CincyTim Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For a special treat you can bread them and pan fry them. A healthier reroute would be to sauté the zucchini and place over pasta spices and olive oil.
  • mollyann34
    mollyann34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like to put zucchini, kale, and broccoli in corn tortillas or over rice (sauté with coconut aminos, nutritional yeast, and garlic). add some chickpeas for protein! yum! Also everything else mentioned... I love using the spiralizer for pasta, especially with avocado lemon sauce.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I like to shred a zucchini in the food processor and add it to my spaghetti sauce. Nice extra veggie dose :)