Options
tingle2
tingle2 Posts: 28 Member
Seems quiet!

Replies

• summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This board is quiet, but MFP still has plenty of hoopers!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am! Still hooping away, intermittently, but trying to do at least 15 minutes a day.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    yes hello :)
  • genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm a new hooper! I can only turn the hoop around may waist though. Do you have any tips or links so I can improve my hooping skills??
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Still here. I just started a September 30/30 challenge, along with Caroleeena's "Look Ma - No Hands!" challenge.

genki, if you do a search on youtube, you'll find all sorts of tutorials. Happy Hooping! It's so much fun!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm back and hoopin as much as possible!
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm here, but I haven't been hooping very much. :( I have a ginormous hoop, and I have to hoop outside in order to not knock anyone or anything out--and it's been super hot and humid lately.
  • mamadragon
    Options
    made my own and plan on starting hooping soon
  • Alexandria82010
    Options
    I just joined!!! Hi everyone!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I hoop at a class once a week and then whenever I can at home. =)
  • evolutionaerie
    evolutionaerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Still here! Have been hooping for 5 years or so now...have kinda fallen off the wagon in recent months but am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new travel hoop and a pair of rainbow minis to kickstart my passion again. :)
  • skintymochamama
    skintymochamama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! Recently joined. Been Hooping for a couple years. I've begin to incorporate it into my workout regimen while watching tv. :smile:
  • tingle2
    Options
    Awesome ladies!! Keep hooping.
    What would make it better to keep up hooping and stay accountable?
    A contest... or a weekly check in?? hmmm
  • RalphthePutz
    RalphthePutz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Something, anything to get us in the hoop. Like you get a "gold star" if you hoop every day or so many minutes a week. I've been really really bad about hooping lately. Even if I just get the hoop on - I know I'll do it. Maybe we could send each other e cards for hooping? or an e card for a hoop challenge? Or even - you don't open the daily card or whatever until you get in the hoop.
  • RalphthePutz
    RalphthePutz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tingle - Tag you are it. When you hoop you can tag someone else. (If you all are up for playing) If not - no stress, no worries.
  • tingle2
    Options
    Man I am bad , I just saw you posted Ralphtheputz so sorry
    I have been hooping more, but i am getting super busy at work till the end of the school year.
    Next week is spring break and my hoop are going with me to the beach!! So excited
  • hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey hoopers! I'm doing a 100 day challenge! Join me!!!
  • Cilantrocat
    Cilantrocat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi new hooper here! Can barely keep the thing up on my waist but even if it keeps flopping on the ground it sure beats running on a hampster wheel! It stays up longer if I walk? Any tips?
  • YapiYapo
    YapiYapo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi longlostsea! There's a few things you could try.
    • Turn in the direction that the hoop is spinning
    • Keep your arms close to you
    • Try it with one leg slightly in front of the other
    • Try it with different clothes. If it can make contact with the skin, it's more likely to stay up. A lumpy waistband on your shorts or pants can also make it more difficult to keep it up.
    • If you have a walmart style hoop, you might not have any grip on the inside. If it's plastic, the inside can be sanded to give it grip. Alternatively, you can buy and apply hoop grip tape or "gaffer tape".
    • Last but not least... buy a bigger hoop!
  • Cilantrocat
    Cilantrocat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    YapiYapo wrote: »
    Hi longlostsea! There's a few things you could try.
    • Turn in the direction that the hoop is spinning
    • Keep your arms close to you
    • Try it with one leg slightly in front of the other
    • Try it with different clothes. If it can make contact with the skin, it's more likely to stay up. A lumpy waistband on your shorts or pants can also make it more difficult to keep it up.
    • If you have a walmart style hoop, you might not have any grip on the inside. If it's plastic, the inside can be sanded to give it grip. Alternatively, you can buy and apply hoop grip tape or "gaffer tape".
    • Last but not least... buy a bigger hoop!

Thanks for the response!
    I have a large polypro completely grip taped. I think 40"? Somewhere around there maybe 42 I forget. I also have one that is a couple inches smaller and is also lighter. I dont use that one so much. Not there yet!
    I can finally do it without walking the WHOLE time but now instead I am constantly spinning in the direction of the hoop and/or doing the weird wiggle move to keep it up. If I stay in one spot it quickly falls.
    I havent tried keeping my arms closer maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    I mean I've been attempting to hoop a few nights a week for a few months, is that normal to still struggle?
    I've also been trying to do different directions and small failed attempts at leg and chest hooping.