Tue Aug 12

Options
The summer is quickly disappearing and the healthy part of me will be sad to see it go. These past couple months of freedom have given me the opportunity to really focus on me and the things I need to do to regain the body and spirit I possessed not that long ago. With school (job and another grad class) beginning in 2 weeks, I'll need to find alternative ways to stay in control of good eating and consistent exercise. But I know I can do it. And I know you ladies will be here too for support and to kick me in the butt if I begin to falter.

As for today's loss it puts me so very close to the next "decade." Anything over 1/2 pound more and I'm there! Yay!

I started eating Fiber One Clusters with Raisins for breakfast. I'm not a breakfast person but I also know that when my day begins (soon) at 6am I need something in my stomach for energy and to ward off the cravings for chocolate and salty snacks. Not to mention the benefits of lots of fiber in your system. lol

Hope everyone has a happy day!

Sandy

Replies

• djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    'BUMP'
  • thin4me59
    Options
    You go girl! Congrats!
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey Sandy, I forgot where you are living....down here in South TX we are still in middle summer. It won't cool off until October. I liked the way you said, ' regain the body and spirit'. The School has a gymnasium right? Can you use it? Even if you just walk laps, exercise is exercise right. And they have menus for the cafeteria so on days that you know they will serve fatting foods you could pack a healthy lunch. I would rather be consistently proud of you, instead of having to verbally kick your butt...but I will trim my toenails just in case, lol. Best of luck on that next 1/2 to 1 pound, I know you can do it !!!!!!!!!! Yea, I am so proud of you for eating breakfast. I didn't for years, alas I finally realized that it is important as it keeps the late night munchies at bay, it you feed your body right through out the day. I would fear the benefits of 'fiber' if I was working again, I have a phobia of going in public places, I am not a germ-a-phobe , I just can't seem to do my business if I think anyone else may walk in. It is quite the ordeal when I go visiting or shopping and have to hurry home...I used to carry body spray in my purse at all times, just in case...neurotic I know. Well, I hope you have a wonderful week...keep the faith!!! dj
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions, DJ.. I'll definitely be bringing my lunch everyday. I'm at a small private school and I love the lunch ladies to death but the meals are not at all in my acceptable range. But I have a fridge and a microwave in my classroom so bringing something healthy to eat is not a problem.

The bathroom situation is always a concern for me too but for a different reason. I'm over 50 and had a 10 pound baby. Urgency takes on new meaning. lol All I know is when I have to go i'm going to make a run for it.. and hopefully it will only happen when I have a break from the kids. *keeping fingers crossed*

Thanks, as always, for you supportive words... and thanks too for trimming those toenails. *winks* lol

Sandy