Introduce yourself

Options
rachiesue
rachiesue Posts: 4 Member
Hello I'm Rachel and I live in Snohomish, but I'm really close to Lake Stevens/Machias.

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Karen from Monroe, age 59.
    Hey - maybe we could get together and do a hike or a walk or biking from time to time. That would be fun.
  • rachiesue
    Options
    I live like RIGHT by the Centennial Trail, so that would be a convenient place to take a nice walk! Or ride a bike!
  • KenosFeoh
    Options
    Very cool; Centennial Trail was the first place I thought of. I've been meaning to walk my dog there.
  • Polymorphist
    Options
    I'm actually not in Snohomish, but in King County (Bellevue). I'm 41.

I did a lot of strength training this past year but didn't really watch my nutrition. As a result I got really strong and also ballooned up in weight to 225 lbs (i'm 5' 9'') . My lean body mass for my height is actually 155lbs, so that's a lot, LOL. I'm now on a serious mission to get rid of body fat, my choice activities right now are jump rope (HIIT), elliptical, running outdoors and as of today krav maga. Gonna see how this works out.
  • rachiesue
    Options
    Jump roping is REALLY HARD. I have no idea how I could jump rope for hours when I was a kid. Right now I am doing an elimination diet to see if I have any food intolerances and do far I have found that gluten is a major problem for me so I'm dealing with that and doing couch to 5k for exercise. I just finished week one and the last day it was already easier so I'm hopefully I can get through it all.
  • KenosFeoh
    Options
    Hey Snohomish Countyans! How's it going? Has everybody left the group?
  • ben98036
    ben98036 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am looking for "someone(s)" in the Lynnwood / Edmonds area to walk with each day. I've tried it on my own but I always seem to find some reason or another to not find time to walk off some of this fat. I used the mall for the days the weather was to bad to walk out side, but that didn't last long either. I have a light breakfast and coffee most mornings at the Mc Donalds on Hwy 99 in Edmonds and would like to work around the time I spend there.
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in Lake Stevens!! if you're close add me as a friend pretty please :) I love talking to people near me.
  • JJofWA
    JJofWA Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm J.J. I just joined my MFP and am happy to see a very locally oriented board. I'm a mother of four in the Martha Lake area (between Lynnwood and Mill Creek.) I'm a stay at home parent/part time student. Looking forward to getting to know follow SnoCo-ers.
  • smileyvalerina
    Options
    I'm Valerie, I live in Lynnwood and work in Snohomish. Cool to have a local group :) I'm pretty good about working out and I like running and strength training, but I need to be better about my food/tracking calories and would like to lose about 10 lbs. that I've put on.
  • MystifiedFluff
    MystifiedFluff Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 31, mother of one very active little boy, 3, and catmom to an ever-tolerant 9 yr old turkish angora mix female.

I walk around Bot-Evt Hwy between fred meyer and country village and the surrounding area - North Creek Trails, Centennial Park, etc. Also, up around Meridian Ave. I need my bike tuned up (feel free to recommend a place, lol) so I'll have a wider range once that is taken care of. I walk 2-3 times a week if it isn't too hot (under 75F preferably). I wouldn't mind company, but I'm pretty slow - 2.5 mph usually. I bike 2-3 times a week as well (though inside until my bike is fixed).
  • JJofWA
    JJofWA Posts: 15
    Options
    How is everyone this evening? Can anyone tell me how to post an image in a discussion thread? Thanks!
  • Taraskelly
    Taraskelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI! Does anyone come on here anymore?
  • Bare_Chested_Farmer
    Options
    Is this board still alive? :-)