August Challenge Sat Aug 9th - Fri 15th

Options

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Carol Here is link to the home page not sure if any of the events are being Youtubed..

http://www.va.gov/opa/speceven/wcg/

Also a link to our VAMC Facebook page our Photographer is with the team so postings should be coming soon.

https://www.facebook.com/VADublin
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning!! Travel day for me.. airport food is the worst, right up there with Fair food. I love reading all the comments..brain overload :D
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I still need to listen to this weeks podcast, sounds like a good one.

Things are going good this week but weight is up. Tonight is a bonfire and pot luck with my men's bible study group. I am telling you all so you can keep me honest. I will stay within my calories and make good choices.
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know it sounds crazy, but this is the first time I've been at a real computer this month. So, no August Challenge for me! But, I wanted to cheer you all on. This is a super idea. I just wish it worked from a phone <sigh>. I am so impressed with your discussions, and the check-in is a wonderful motivator. I don't know Howie, but 196 pounds just blows me away! Congratulations on your success! I, on the other hand, would be happy with losing these 15 stubborn pounds (well, they aren't stubborn, I am).
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wednesday. First meeting not until 10am so was able to get in a nice walk in the morning. And still get 8 hours sleep. Sleep always my priority esp so when traveling.

Listened to the podcast on the plane yesterday. Rachel Guy sounds great (I think I missed the body io episode with her. Just downloaded it). Good for you working with her Carol. And great to hear she is having you upload videos for form coaching. When I went to the train like a girl seminar earlier in year, I was surprised to discover the ciaching I was given at my old crossfit gym to look forward in deadlifts or KB swings was wrong causing me to have head up not neutral. Huge difference learning correct made.

Off to work. Somewhat difficult meetings this week. Mid year reviews with my team and some vendors. Some opportunities for improvement all around. Including I'm quite sure for me.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks imabizzybee. This site does work from your smart phone but you have to use it through the web browser and not the app.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Had an all around productive day, let's see if I can stretch it out now that I'm home. The plan is make dinner, clean the house, a little yoga and shower. If I can escape the evil Netflix!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Just checking in...been laying in bed all day with migraine. That's definitely going to ness up my step goal for the day!
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wednesday checkin. trying to keep up. All you guys make me feel like a couch potato
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great comments today! I was tending to my garden all day. Very tired, no Muay Thai today and off to make late dinner.
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in. Nothing new.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Well Happy Thursday Folks. The moving wall is at our VAMC today thru Sunday. Time to go slay some of my demons, maybe heal a little bit more. another rare chance to go visit 16 of my friends. hope the dy is a good one for all of you.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning, y'all.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Checking in today from Santa Fe New Mexico! Lots of walking around in airports yesterday added some steps which is always a nice thing to do. The waiting just sucks :D
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning Thursday. Nothing exciting planned today. Eat well and try and get a workout in tonight.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday from Golden CO. Woke up starving today. Not surprised, for me I ate far too little yesterday. Wolfed down some scrambled eggs and sausage in the concierge lounge. Had hoped to get in a good hike this afternoon between meetings and airport but weather looks like I may be " hiking" in a mall or the airport for steps. Supposed to rain / thunderstorms. Drat. Fingers crossed it works out.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

My week is off because of the overeating last weekend, being sick yesterday, and then missing my Weight Watcher meeting this morning. But it's the start of my "new week" so I'm hoping to get back on track (with everything) today.

Kind of funny though... it's only 9 am and already have more steps than I got all day yesterday! LOL But I need to get moving today if I want to make my step goal. Still feeling a little "hungover" from the migraine yesterday so don't have a lot of energy yet.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Muay Thai today. My kicks still SUCKS. It's frustrating, I see newcomers getting it but for some freaking reason I just cannot get my hips and feet right.. Sigh. I went over on my carbs yesterday had a net carb of 45g.
    Gonna try to squeeze in some extra cardio. Except for that hiccup my week is going relatively well.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This has been a crazy week, but it's almost over......