Tips to Get Started.

Options
I read this article and I thought it was a good one to give everyone an idea of how to get started. Some of the suggestions here are easy enough to begin and continue to build good habits. Hope you enjoy!

=======================
It’s true that most people today wish to lose some weight, as the majority of our population is overweight, if not obese. Weight loss makes you look better and feel better. It is not out of your grasp to go higher with goals. By following the tips, you can start out properly so that you can effectively lose weight.

One way to lose some weight would be to be more active. Riding a bike or taking a walk helps your burn a lot of calories, unlike siting and watching tv. A little bit of activity everyday is all you need, so try to swap some activity for TV time!

If you stray away from your diet, don’t beat yourself up too much. Nobody is perfect. When unplanned treats end up on your plate, then plan to work out extra hard so it all balances out. If you are low on time, don’t worry about it. Lingering on negatives will distract you from the main objective. Keep going!

You will find that of you eat walnuts it will help you lose weight. Studies have found that eating walnuts for breakfast helps keep you fuller for a longer time. Walnuts make a great healthy snack alternative.

Think in terms of what you can do to facilitate weight loss instead of what you can do to squelch bad habits. Concentrating on positive change is a smart, simple way to remain on a diet. Instead of avoiding the doughnut shop each morning, try to eat fresh fruit instead. It is easier to implement new things to your routine rather than just eliminating something.

It may be helpful to you to have a friend join you in your fitness routine. This may be motivating for continued success. A like-minded partner who shares the same goals and exercise interests can really get you motivated to succeed. Both of you can give each other support when someone is down and it makes it easier to get through the tougher periods.

A great tip to shed pounds is to try to associate with people who live an active lifestyle. Surrounding ourselves with active people causes us to be more active. Someone who just lies around, may not be a great influence on you.

Losing a pound of weight weekly is a reasonable goal. It can be unhealthy to lose more weight than that a week. Make sure that you lose weight moderately, if you desire to stay healthy and efficient.

Don’t skip meals when you are attempting weight loss. When you skip a meal, your body will store more fat because it does not know when it will be fed next. Try to eat at least 3 times a day whether you are hungry or not.

The tips above are just some of the many great ways you can use sound information to lose weight. It can be tough, but with research and real effort, positive results are possible. A commitment to getting fit is all you need to change your body and your life.
=======================

Replies

• LianeMD1975
    Options
    Another good tip: Drink water, lots of water. When you think you've drank enough water for the day, drink more water! By dinner time, you should be sloshing when you walk. :wink:
  • GameTimeKB24
    Options
    Haha! Sloshing. I like that. Good Tip!
  • tyrannosarausREX
    Options
    Peppermint tea is a great weight loss tool. It tastes great without any added sugar or milk. But If someone wants it sweeter honey does the trick just fine.

Peppermint tea helps the digestive system work better so the food you're eating is more easily absorbed and digested.

Love it!
  • Wolffie12
    Wolffie12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've found that small things can make the biggest difference... like taking 15-30 minutes of your lunch break and going for a walk. Not only do you get a bit of exercise in, you also get out into the fresh air which helps to clear your mind and release stress.
  • GameTimeKB24
    Options
    Peppermint tea is a great weight loss tool. It tastes great without any added sugar or milk. But If someone wants it sweeter honey does the trick just fine.

Peppermint tea helps the digestive system work better so the food you're eating is more easily absorbed and digested.

Love it!

Really? I'm definitely going to have to try that. Thanks.
  • Uniklymade
    Uniklymade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've been drinking like 50-55 oz of water, oooops! gotta go pee again.