TMNT

Options
MarvelousMrs
MarvelousMrs Posts: 197 Member
Anyone seen the new TMNT movie? My daughter wants to see it and I'm not sure if it's appropriate for an 8 year old... (she scares easily).

:smile:

Replies

• sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's rated pg-13 but honestly I though it was PG until the other day.
    I didnt see anything that was really scary except a few loud explosions but I am also not a parent so i guess take that with a grain of salt
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've heard it isn't great for kids because of the violence.

BUT that is also isn't great for adults because it is a bad movie. ;)
    lol.

BUT, this is coming from my hubby who feels that anything other than the old black and white comics is stupid.
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a terrible movie... kind of boring and obvious though. I don't think I'd pay to see it again and I don't think I'll be buying the DVD... Basically I would have rather seen Guardians again lol
  • MarvelousMrs
    MarvelousMrs Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The reviews were really bad :( I was surprised. My hubby (a geek) was really looking forward to it. We haven't seen it yet...

He and I went to see Malificent in theaters to make sure it was 8 year old appropriate - the previews made it seem pretty scary. And I thought that was okay - though we still haven't taken our daughter to see it lol
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a terrible movie... kind of boring and obvious though. I don't think I'd pay to see it again and I don't think I'll be buying the DVD... Basically I would have rather seen Guardians again lol

My husband says Michael Bay ruing his childhood with the first Transformers movie and our younger friends told him he was silly because the movies were GREAT.
    Now, he is laughing as THEY say Michael Bay ruined THEIR childhood. lol. (And he's telling them TMNT was the best movie ever ,even though we won't waste money seeing it.)