My Next Girl...or Guy

Joannah700
Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
Listening to Black Key's Next Girl made me think of the lessons we learn from relationships...and sometimes just the superficial stuff we realized we love.

Case in point, my ex was 6'8.

My next guy - has to be at least 6'. I got used to tall guys!

So, if you're willing, post an attribute or trait of your 'next girl or guy'

Replies

• ShrinkingKari
    ShrinkingKari Posts: 52 Member
    My next guy MUST be GAINFULLY employed! I keep getting the ones that don't work or only work very part time because they don't want to give up their free time.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    My next guy MUST take pride in his relationship. My ex and I didn't fair so well because he was embarrassed to let his family know that he'd been dating a black girl. (Go figure why he asked me out in the first place, right?). If you're gonna keep me a dirty little secret, be gone with ye!
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    without sounding shallow, pretty, I like a pretty gal on my arm. My last ex was very pretty, I am sort of (not friend-zoned) but getting to know someone who's very pretty too, so I guess a pretty face I go weak for.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    without sounding shallow, pretty, I like a pretty gal on my arm. My last ex was very pretty, I am sort of (not friend-zoned) but getting to know someone who's very pretty too, so I guess a pretty face I go weak for.

If you're shallow for wanting a pretty face, I'm shallow for wanting a tall guy.

And maybe he'll drive a motorcycle!

...maybe.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    that's just shallow....shame on you haha
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Must be fit & make me laugh. I miss laughter with a guy. :)
  • jimhopp
    jimhopp Posts: 5 Member
    Responsible with the money & must have common sense and like doing similar activities! Decent looking would help too! (sorry, that's 4 things!)
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    have a job,
    5'9 & above
    be in good shape
    good w/finances
    handsome
    :wink:
  • bananafannah
    bananafannah Posts: 194 Member

If you're shallow for wanting a pretty face, I'm shallow for wanting a tall guy.

And maybe he'll drive a motorcycle!

...maybe.

Firstly: Yes to motorcycles.

And to answer... my next guy has to be confident in himself.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    My next guy has to be confident and be able to communicate properly. I would also like someone that is open minded, not just pretending to be.

Physically, someone that`s taking care of himself and not eating out every day.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Intelligence is an aphrodisiac. I will not find myself with a woman of lesser vocabularic prowess. She must be witty and sarcastic. Looks are secondary with me, but physical attraction is still a necessity.
  • bananafannah
    bananafannah Posts: 194 Member
    Intelligence is an aphrodisiac. I will not find myself with a woman of lesser vocabularic prowess. She must be witty and sarcastic. Looks are secondary with me, but physical attraction is still a necessity.

:flowerforyou:
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    I learned a few things from my past experiences...

Separated does not equal divorced. I got burned on that one.
    Must not be still living with parents (or better have a plan to get away, unless in the case of sickness or something)
    Not too crazy. I know this is subjective, but when they start stalking you, needing to know where you are, and pushing your female friends away...that crosses the line.
  • MariahRea
    MariahRea Posts: 24 Member
    I have noticed I have a thing for guys with muscles, who are dark haired and I love a scruffy beard. Tall is good too since I am 5'11. For some reason I tend to like younger men too, but it's not a necessity. I also love tattoos, mohawks, anything considered rebelious. Good girls like bad boys. lol
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Must have teeth. Bonus if she owns a monkey!