Replies

• GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for an epic camping trip!
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A long day just checking in before bed. Will read tomorrow.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Team BDublin Wheel Chair Games update, our athletes have earned 6 medals so far, 4 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze. We B Jammin'!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    G'Morning and Happy Friday to ya.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Well just finished a 43 hour sleep fast. Got 7hr sleep last night feeling real good this morning. Gonna spend some time with my friends on the wall tonight after work. Tonight the Bone Brothers Ride. and When the Bone Brothers Ride, the Bad guys die. Gird your loins demons of the night! The Bone brothers are coming for you. Time to heal.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Friday to ya! Very busy yesterday.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hmrjmr1: LOVE the website and the Facebook page. Just Liked it! Do you get on Facebook much? That Vietnam Memorial moving wall they have in your area looks like a pretty cool thing to go see. And the website for the games is fantastic.
    WOOT WOOT for team Dublin and all your medals so far!!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. Loved catching up on your weeks! (Montanagirl: glad that your new week is a fresh start and that headache is behind you!)

As for me, I did two REAL LIVE workouts in the gym this week. I feel pretty darn good about it. I'm trying hard not to focus on the scale anymore especially with some muscle building goals on deck now. TMI Alert: I am having that week that has me really bloated so I guess I need to chill about the snug fitting clothes. Sorry bout that guys but these hormones are just an extra bit of fun for us to deal with! Oh well… I'm super grateful that I feel pretty awesome. And I'm attributing that to these workouts. It is amazing how much better you feel when you DO something. Just the mindset.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. Loved catching up on your weeks! (Montanagirl: glad that your new week is a fresh start and that headache is behind you!)

As for me, I did two REAL LIVE workouts in the gym this week. I feel pretty darn good about it. I'm trying hard not to focus on the scale anymore especially with some muscle building goals on deck now. TMI Alert: I am having that week that has me really bloated so I guess I need to chill about the snug fitting clothes. Sorry bout that guys but these hormones are just an extra bit of fun for us to deal with! Oh well… I'm super grateful that I feel pretty awesome. And I'm attributing that to these workouts. It is amazing how much better you feel when you DO something. Just the mindset.

Carol. Thanks for the likes. and as for TMI etc us old married guys have heard it all before so no problem here. Glad to read your perspective on what Zena called tight knickers week, is chill. The pys benefits of good workouts are the biggest benefit by far so keep on Jammin'!
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Car is loaded up with camp gear! Going north of Grand Marais MN (the real sticks!) No signal up there at all, so no post tomorrow. Excited but also nervous about going crazy food and alcohol wise. Camp trip is with some friends who, let's just say... there is a two day event called the Beerlympics! Debating on not competing this year, even though it's ridiculously fun.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Friday! Got a guys outing tonight, burgers and home made chili cheese fries.... oh and a lot of gunfire... my new 45-70 is going to get a work out. Happy Friday!
  • howie6267
    Options
    Where are you kilosierra83 because that sounds really fun!

I had a really bad week and scale is up 4 lbs. At least I'm still under 300. As Stacy said, it's a new week.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am back, but beat. I arrived home at 0200 this morning.. at least I am home. Dogs were nice and let me sleep till 0630 before they started bouncing on me to go for a walk. :D
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday to everyone!

GoodDayToYou - you're camping trip sounds fun! Now I'm curious as to what is involved in "beerolympics"! :laugh:

Markd - Glad you made it home okay. Hopefully the dogs stay away from skunks (and porcupine and whatever else they can get in to) this morning!

Howie - I feel for you! I am going to weigh in a the Weight Watcher meeting in the morning and I'm totally dreading it. I was hoping for a good day yesterday and today, but I hubby and I went out to dinner last night... and well... the dinner was paleo, the dessert was not! LOL

Will be a busy weekend for me... tomorrow I have the WW meeting in the morning, showing the foster kittens at Petco for a couple of hours and then going to a local Brewfest with hubby in the evening. Hoping for a hike on Sunday... or a day doing chores at home.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday!
  • howie6267
    Options
    I'm so excited, I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy Note 3 this week. There was an app that I used on my old phone that did not work on my last phone the Note 2. I just checked and it is there for the Note 3. If any of you have an Android phone Moves is a great app for tracking your walking. It is pretty accurate and works really well. Not sure if it's available on the iphone but probably is.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protogeo.moves&hl=en
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    MG.. I hope I never gear near that Petco when you are there with foster kitties..particularly if I am with my wife!!

I survived the walk without critter incidents. Here pretty soon I will have to contend with the bears as they are foraging to stuff themselves with berries that are all along the road here. We have been seeing the same 2 bears for the last month, but they are just not in that mode yet.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just checking in today. I'm beat and my right ankle is starting to feel weak. Not sure if I am gonna make it to my muay Thai class tomorrow. Today's session is brutal in a good way but man! It sucked every last bit of energy that I have. My hands and legs are still shaking a little.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Howie, I am in Oklahoma.

MFP needs a new exercise added... call it "pouring concrete" it would be a cardio and strength exercise, and if done for more than an hour in the heat calories burned would just say "All"
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Friday. TGIF. Back home in WI. Was able to sneak in a nice hike yesterday. I'd noticed people walking up Sputh Table Mountain from my hotel in Golden. It's a flat top Mesa with about 300 ft elevation change. Barely any for folks out there. But enough of a challenge for this nearly sea level Flatlander. Great close up 4 mile loop with the climb and trails on top. Fun.

Fingers crossed for good weekend weather. Really need some significant dirt time (I mountain bike)