my miracle baby

Options
LernRach
LernRach Posts: 286 Member
I discovered I had PCOS during a 2 week hospital stay for appendicitis, that turned out not to be!! I have other health issues and often spend time in hospital. They checked my bloods, and there was no sign of PCOS, but there were definite cysts on my ovaries....

I knew i had issues because my periods were irregular, we were ttc and getting nowhere and I have struggled with hair and weight all my life. After about 2 years of ttc, I was put on Chlomid to make me ovulate. I had it all planned, we had just come back from an awesome holiday (Sri Lanka) I had 2 weeks off work, i was already!!! EPIC FAIL... After just one pill, my mouth dropped, and basically half my body was paralysed, I Looked like I had Bells Palsy. I was having fertility treatment privately, and I was shunted from dr to dr, test to test, hospital to hospital. They thought I had a mini stroke, maybe a tumour, maybe maybe maybe.... It turned out that they had no clue what happened, although my husband did find a couple of papers on line that said it is possible from Chlomid, just so rare that it isn't on the packaging!

I moved to NHS treatment (I'm in UK) and had to wait a while for an appt. Eventually I was seen and was told that we would need IVF, there was no way I would get pregnant naturally! 2 months later I had an HCG to check my fallopian tubes were clear.

I then was given an IVF appointment. My husband and i had talked it through, we knew it was likely that hormones would cause havoc to my body, both mentally and physically. We knew it could affect my bone condition as well, but we were prepared. 2 weeks before appointment my bones started to get very painful. I took painkillers, stronger and stronger until I was up to morphine. I knew it wasn't a problem because I could't get pregnant right??

appt was on the Wednesday, on the Monday I decided I better take a pregnancy test before continuing with all these painkillers "just in case" OF course i found out i was 7 weeks pregnant!!!!!!!!!! i

I have a beautiful, healthy 10 month old baby now TG. I don't know what will be next time around, but I do know that drs don't know everything, however much they like to claim it!!

Replies

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    congrats on ur success. ...
  • jenniferv38
    jenniferv38 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also have a miracle baby! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. After I got married, I got pregnant on my first round of Clomid and we had our daughter in 1997. When she was two, we started Clomid again in hopes to have baby #2. We tried three rounds of Clomid, each time a higher dose. The doctors said that if we wanted to continue trying to get pregnant, the treatments would be more expensive and more invasive. At that time. we decided we were not financially ready to take on so much expense and I was not physically ready to move forward. So, we decided if it happened, it would happen and if it didn't, we were ok with that. So, for the next 13 years we lived life and gradually accepted the fact that we would not have any more kids. In October of 2011, I found out I was pregnant. It was the most shocking moment of my entire life. I went to the doctor and begged for an ultrasound and learned I was about nine weeks. A week later, I had another ultrasound to determine my due date and was told that there was no heartbeat. I was miscarrying. I was devastated. I have never experienced so much heartache and sadness. Two days later, I had a D&C and had to figure out how to pick up the pieces of my broken heart and move forward. I had to forgive my body for what I felt was a huge betrayal and, most importantly, I had to make peace with God for what I felt was a cruel practical joke. Life slowly returned to normal and to my utter amazement and total astonishment, on March 1, 2012 I found out I was pregnant again!!!! My beautiful, amazing, sweet baby boy was born on September 20, 2012. I was 36 years old. He was 6 weeks early and was in the NICU for 5 days but he is my MIRACLE!!

Let these stories be encouragement to all of you who are struggling with PCOS and infertility. For some reason, after 15 years of no periods, these PCOS riddled ovaries of mine finally decided to ovulate and I got pregnant. I am the proud and happy mom of two amazing kids...one is 17 and the other is 2.
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Michelle_MyBelle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for sharing! DH and I have been TTC for 5+ years. This gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, someday we will be able to have a baby. <3:)