Red Team

Options
leggup
leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
Good morning Red Team! Hope you all are well.

I'm excited to get started with this. As I'm getting closer to my goal, my weight loss has slowed. I am excited to see the big picture & see how much weight I can lose in a defined period (10 weeks!). I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks.

Replies

• harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm excited to be doing this, been slacking lately and need a little push to get my booty back in gear!

Little about me, I'm Lauren, 27 year old mother of 2. I started my weight loss journey 2 years ago when my youngest was about 5 months old. I still had to wear maternity clothes since nothing fit me correctly, so I decided to change all that. I had gotten down to 120 pounds, but put 20 ish back on (my weight fluctuates horribly) and I want to get rid of it again! Hopefully, doing this challenge will help with that :)
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    HELLO RED TEAM!!!

This is the third Biggest Loser I've had the pleasure of joining and I'm super STOKED for it to kick my butt in gear! I came in 2nd with the first Biggest Loser - but I must have got overly excited and didn't give the same for the second one and never even got an honourable mention - at all - though I thought I made a pretty kick-butt captain....well, I hope I did!

A little about me...I'm 36 (37 in September), working mother of 4 daughters. I started back on MFP back in January at 215 pounds. My weigh-in today was 177.2 pounds. My first goal is 150 pounds - and then I'll change my goals accordingly after I reach that milestone (as I haven't been 150 since after my 2nd daughter was born - 16 years ago :noway: ).

I look forward to meeting all of you! Feel free to add me - I'm on here all the time! I love my MFP friends!!

Chere
    (a.k.a. kids183)
    :flowerforyou:
  • leggup
    Options
    Where are the rest of us? =( Anyone on Instagram? I thought that the whole #100Losers tag was fun, but no one is doing it. What kinds of challenges/accountability games do people like?
  • harleyjax
    Options
    I'm making a fried tofu and roasted cabbage meal tonight, was planning on doing the Instagram thing :) Also, I take progress pictures every Thursday just for myself to see how I'm doing, I can start posting those too if you like.

As for challenges, I always like the crunch/squat challenges.
  • kids183
    Options
    Ladies - is it just the 3 of us on this team or what??

I will try to get into the instagram thing. I didn't really start using it regularly until just recently. @kids183

I am on a low carb diet - so not going over my macros doesn't work for me. I'm always under in calories and carbs...but protein is usually over. This is the best diet that works for me. And because there's too many critics on this website, my food diary is closed. Hopefully that doesn't upset anyone!

Challenges....I also could do crunch/squat challenges as well as anything similar...planks...burpees etc. I generally do these things daily at the gym anyhow.

I do hope our team gets more lively! I would love to meet more team members!!
  • leggup
    Options
    I realize now I should have announced the teams wayyy earlier. I'm thinking that the next "biggest loser" challenge I do should be open exclusively to people who make it to the end of this/people who can vouch for other users as active.

This week has been amazing. I finally lost the rest of the weight from my 4th of July Drink-n-Eat-a-palooza... and some! I'm down to the lowest I've been in MFP, finally at a Normal BMI, and I lose 4 lbs this week (no, I wasn't at that big a deficit, just the MFP recommended amount). Also, I'm going swing dancing again tonight which burns a ton of calories & makes me extremely happy. I am wondering if I'm underestimating my burn dancing. I've been going 1-2X per week the last few weeks and my weight loss has improved in consistency. I was estimating 500 calories since I'm there 2-4 hours, but I'm not dancing for every song.
  • kids183
    Options
    Your new profile pic is awesome! You look amazing!

Do you have a heart rate monitor? Maybe you can gauge how much calories you're burning at swing dance with one of those?

Keep up the great work!

:drinker:
  • leggup
    Options
    Your new profile pic is awesome! You look amazing!

Do you have a heart rate monitor? Maybe you can gauge how much calories you're burning at swing dance with one of those?

Keep up the great work!

:drinker:

I do have a HRM, but I don't know of any apps that can use HRMs to gauge non-steady-state. I use RunKeeper for when I'm walking/jogging/cycling, and it displays my heart rate in the corner, but I don't know how to calculate an average when there's a lot of starting and stopping. Always welcome to suggestions.
  • harleyjax
    Options
    Gained a little this week :/ hate when my weight fluctuates.
  • harleyjax
    Options
    Blah, went up again, been sick past few days and I'm all stuffy and bloated :/
  • leggup
    Options
    Weight fluctuations are just noise. You still have a downward trend AND you weigh less than when the competition started (a lot of people have seen gains since they started Week Zero).