I Hope This isn't a Sign of Things to Come

Options
djcangel
djcangel Posts: 800 Member
It was quiet as a grave today and to early for Halloween, I spirited around the site today so very alone. I upped my minutes on my elliptical and now am up to 7 minutes a session, and 5 x's a day. I know that is only a total of 35 minutes, but I also have increased my morning walk back to an hour, at the least 3miles and hour, and at my best like today, 4 mph.
Everyone must be back at work, and here I sit with a disability and early retirement. Even though I make and repair jewelry for my husband to sell, I seem to have more time on my hands than I care to have. I guess what I am trying to say is that I miss you gals.
And a part of me thinks that even if you are all busier than me, that it would be a good idea to try and check in, just to help us all keep on track. Or, maybe I just be lonely...anyway...missed you gals...hope your back to work went well, and hope that you don't forget to say hello, to the ole retired folk like me once in awhile. TGIAF...thank goodness it's almost Friday....Have a Great Weekend...I will be here, rooting for us all. dj :glasses:

Replies

• DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was awol today, Dj. It was just a busy day and I didn't get much on the site at all until nearly midnight.

Worked in my classroom a while and when the hubs got home he drove me back up with a few pieces of furniture in his truck. Then we did a bad/fun thing and had pizza hut for dinner. I was partially good and ordered a thin crust cheese for me and was thrilled to see when I added my pigfest into the dinner menu for MFP that my daily total wasn't insane - just more than I've been eating this summer. But it was fun and tasted good and i'm glad we did it... though I might not be tomorrow when I get on the scales. lol

I'm sure it must get a bit lonely without being able to go in to work even a few days a week. I love vacation but when I first moved here I had no job for 6 months and I went a little nuts.. including eating myself into sizes I don't like to think about. I'm not sure how much your disability allows you to do but i'd get out into the world as much as possible even if it's just walking around the mall or the park or whatever. (note I say that living in a place where I have to drive over half hour to get to a mall or a park.. lol)

You are not alone though so do not think it. I'm here. We're here. *hugs*

Sandy
  • djcangel
    Options
    @ Sandy :happy: Thanks girlfriend!!!
  • thin4me59
    Options
    DJ, I too haven't been able to check in until now. I went into work at 7am and just got home at 10:10pm! Long, long day! Looking forward to the weekend. I can't imagine what you must be going through DJ. Even on days like this I love my work. I spent the evening with 2 wonderful volunteers at a downtown festival, talking to passerbys about our program. Hope things get better for you!

Have a great weekend all!
  • djcangel
    Options
    Darlene, I remember when I was working at my last job, cook at a daycare center, 100 to 150 meals breakfast and lunch and a snack for kids and staff a day, mon. thru fri. I had one part time helper. I would get up daily unable to feel my fingers from the nerves pinched in my back. I would stretch and cry and then put on my happy face and go to work. I would come home and actually go straight to bed, and stay there most of the day. After several months of this I started having daily panic attacks about going to work, and I ask them for help, but there was none forthcoming. So, I had to bow out. "Then you know it always seems, You don't know what you've got till it's gone!" It took 3 years for my disability to be approved, I had to sell my car, and my husband still worked full time. I lost my mind, I ate. I got sick a lot, I stayed in bed more than ever, I had panic attacks so bad I had to go to the hospital about once a month. I smoked cigarettes, I drank everyday I could. My hubby did not know what to do, so he enabled me buying my ciggs and beer, and food, food, food. This went on for 4 years. Then I got up one day and knew that I either wanted jump off the deep end, or change. I chose change. I quit smoking January 1, 2014. I started staying out of bed. Then I joined MFP. And, well...I haven't been sick since June, a bladder infection. I haven't had a panic attack or been sick otherwise, since. I walk a mile a day at 3mph. I use my elliptical daily. I repair jewelry for my hubby to sell, now that he is retired he sets up at a flea market weekends to supplement our income. And last but not least...I am happy... :happy: Lonely, yes...but I will work on that, as I regain more confidence. Meanwhile, I have YOU and my other dear FRIENDS here. Why I am feeling separation anxiety as yall return to work. LOL. Have A Wonderful Weekend Everyone. Peace and Hugs, dj.
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hello my lovely pals! I am back from a wonderful vacation! I must say I missed checking in here all the time!! Hoping you are all well, happy, and doing fine. My trip was incredible. We were spoiled! My diet went straight to hell. I ate everything bad. There were so many restaurants and we tried them all. Met lovely people and really just enjoyed the sun, beach, pools, and new friends. I actually came back saying I couldn't wait to get back on Medifast. Now, that is something. I guess all good things must end. So, now I will not even go near a scale for a while. I need to get rid of the vacation weight and bloat. Yicko.
    What is new here?? What have I missed?
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the fabulous vacation!!! As for the food, you only live once so party hard when the opportunity arises.. especially at our age! lol

We've all just been working at getting it done. A new day is a new food diary. :drinker:

Welcome back!

Sandy
  • thin4me59
    Options
    DJ - wow what a time you have had. You always are so positive! I can only hope that if I were to go through what you have I could be the same way. Thanks for the support.

Sandy - you are awesome! I love how you stay motivated! Keep going girl.

jangar - live life! especially at our age! Glad you had such a great vacation!

Have agreat rest of the weekend to all MFP friends!:bigsmile:
  • djcangel
    Options
    Wow Jan, sounds like you had an incredible vacation. I am so glad you had a great time. Welcome back. :smile: