Jawbone UP tracking yard work?

Options
dinclt
dinclt Posts: 4 Member
I just ordered my Jawbone Up24, it should arrive by week's end. A significant piece of my weekly activity is using a power push mower to mow two yards and the ditch each week. So will I get an accurate activity measurement while my hands are on the handles and not in motion as I walk behind the mower?

Replies

• raymiles
    raymiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is likely to be the case. It certainly is when I use my exercise bike, so I put the Jawbone in my pocket. You could try that. Also, if you think the effort is greater than just walking, set the timer while you are mowing and then edit the activity accordingly on the UP app. Or log it with MFP, if there is an option for that activity.
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I mow with a power pusher, I do get steps. There are activities where I don't, but I think the arm vibrations while mowing register the movement.
  • dinclt
    dinclt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to update my experience. The Jawbone is tracking my steps while mowing while my hands are positioned on the mower handle. In other words, even though my arms are not swinging at my sides, I am accumulating steps.