Newbie to the group / Hello

Options
Hello, I'm Anastasia, just joined this group of wonderful new friends.

My weight loss journey officially started in December of 2012 when I made the decision to have the gastric sleeve performed. Since then I have lost 78 pounds; but it has been a challenge the entire way. The weight did not 'fall off' for me. I worked at every pound, and am still doing so.

I travel about 40% of the time for work, eat out at least 4-5 times a week and this presents a challenge. I do try to maintain a fitness regimen while traveling except for the days that are deemed 100% travel days; then it gets tough.......

Anyway, I'm here for support, tips, and making new friends.

When I'm home, I enjoy cooking a healthy meal, mostly protein and vegetables. I try to limit my carb intake to no more than 40-50 grams/carbs/day.

My goals are to lose another 50 pounds or get to a size 10/12; whichever comes first. :)

Good luck to each and everyone of you.

Anastasia

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've done really well and logging consistently should be helpful in getting to your goals. It must be difficult with the travel you do, but the database on MFP is pretty good and more and more restaurants seem to be providing nutritional data and smaller (senior) portions. How do you find that?
    Because I use the apps more than the website, I don't comment on the message board very consistently but there are some very active members in the group. Chime in!
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Anastasia! Welcome to the family!

I'm Sandy - North Louisiana - married, one son, one step-daughter - high school teacher

Sounds like your journey to health has been a full one thus far. But consider that every obstacle we face brings us new opportunities to learn, grow, and be at our best. Good luck as you continue on and please feel free to jump in to any conversation. We don't bite - unless it looks really tasty! lol