Veggie guys

Options
2»

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm working on transitioning to a vegetarian lifestyle. It's been a couple of weeks now, but I would appreciate any tips for helping with the change.

It's been a while but when I first went veggie I stuck to what I knew, I just made meat-free alternatives.
    The real issue, I found, is looking out for animal products in items you wouldn't expect, I say wouldn't, but really I think quite a few people are aware maybe more that it's just gross. Rennet and Gelatine are the big things to look out for.
    You may find that you need to take supplements but I just stick to Vitamin C + ZInc. I think there are so many vegetarian items out there now that are aimed at fulfilling all your nutritional needs.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a girl but my ex is a vegetarian :)

Kinda pointless post, but just thought I'd share.
  • Wisewoman888
    Wisewoman888 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey my hubby and I are both relatively new vegetarians. He's needing some support as he's a nurse on nightshift mostly so he'd love to meet other guys who are like-minded. You can add him as a friend; Rejewce88.

He'd be writing this if he wasn't at work right now!!!
  • raij2891
    raij2891 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vegan 2 years here.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6 weeks into lacto-ovo veg. I have some fish occasionally, but I think that will go away too.
  • CincyTim
    CincyTim Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll let you guess what kind of veggie I am. Lol. Feel free to add.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian more than half my life (nearly 23 years now). Oddly, since joining MFP I have upped my intake of eggs and dairy quite a bit (trying to increase my protein intake). My son (age 9) is vegetarian as well (though he's not on MFP 8-).
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Carnivores I've learned are >>>>VERY<<<< sensitive creatures so you have to be careful to not upset them.
    This is Genius- I want it on a T-Shirt!!
  • herbertwest7734
    herbertwest7734 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Last year I went vegetarian for 3 months after a friend and I watched Vegucated and said "We should try that". The reason I stopped was because I bought the Insanity workout and it comes with a book of meal suggestions and I wanted to do it proper. But I missed the way my body felt when I was Veg, so after two months of eating raw till 4 I went vegan in March. I feel great and I don't see ever going back.

Feel free to add me.
  • rryawn
    rryawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Male veg for 31 years here. Agree with the sentiments about too much junk and the impairing effects it has on getting and staying fit. Even worse if you travel as part of your job and frequently eat in restaurants.
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HI, Veggie girl, but always looking for new friends. veggie since sep 2010, no meat or fish, but do eat eggs and diary. as of 1st september im trying to be a clean eating veggie, or as clean eating as possible. anyone can add me esp if you have an open dairy as im always looking for new recipes.
  • jwoffindin
    jwoffindin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, vege guy here (about 18 years now). No fish but do eat eggs / dairy.

Most high-protein / low carb / semi-"clean" eating at the moment as I'm trying to get BF% down, so looking for food ideas / inspiration and motivation beyond whey and cauliflower :-).

Feel free to add me as friend,