looking for friends with similar issues

Options
got diagnosed with split personalities, borderline, paranoia, depression, anxiety and PTSD when I was in hospital. Looking for friends with any similar conditions which know what it is like to live with these all day every day and how hard it can be. Looking for understanding and nonjudgemental people.

Replies

• Cynclancurrie
    Options
    First of all, how do you feel about the diagnosis? Do you agree with it? A lot of doctors are not trustworthy at seeing and being able to interpret what they see when you are feeling very sick.

I have been diagnosed with borderline, PTSD, severe anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, bipolar and major depression personality in acute phase. My first suicide attempt was when I was 12. I am not bragging but just in awe at how much in denial everyone was about how sick I really was, how my depression came so early and from it and my environment, many of the other illnesses developed.

I am on a lot of medications, see a therapist weekly and a psychiatrist monthly. I have not self injured for three years now.

I empathize deeply with your situation. You are at the beginning of a long journey. But I don't believe that it has to have an unhappy ending. You did not mention any of your strengths, of which I am sure you have many. I am a painter, a poet, a writer, a mother, and have been with my husband for 31 years. He is understanding and supportive of my problems.

I would like you to add me as a friend, because my mental health is more important to me than any weight or other issues, and I think we have a lot in common. But I don't want to push myself on you.

Hang in there.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    First of all, how do you feel about the diagnosis? Do you agree with it? A lot of doctors are not trustworthy at seeing and being able to interpret what they see when you are feeling very sick.

I have been diagnosed with borderline, PTSD, severe anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, bipolar and major depression personality in acute phase. My first suicide attempt was when I was 12. I am not bragging but just in awe at how much in denial everyone was about how sick I really was, how my depression came so early and from it and my environment, many of the other illnesses developed.

I am on a lot of medications, see a therapist weekly and a psychiatrist monthly. I have not self injured for three years now.

I empathize deeply with your situation. You are at the beginning of a long journey. But I don't believe that it has to have an unhappy ending. You did not mention any of your strengths, of which I am sure you have many. I am a painter, a poet, a writer, a mother, and have been with my husband for 31 years. He is understanding and supportive of my problems.

I would like you to add me as a friend, because my mental health is more important to me than any weight or other issues, and I think we have a lot in common. But I don't want to push myself on you.

Hang in there.
    I completely agree with it. I was in denial at first but after researching them a bit more I can see exactly where it all fits in. Fr. Sent.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    While those are not my diagnosis's, I do want to hop in here and let you know you're not alone. Returning to life after being in the hospital is always dizzying. *hugs*
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you can get through it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    *bump* Sorry the general forms aren't getting the point of your public post. I feel for you. Sometimes we need to branch out to find what we need. I think you're brave for talking about it.
  • perfecthippie
    Options
    i know this is an old post but i was diagnosed with depression anxiety ednos borderline personality disorder ptsd and ocd tendencies. on meds and in therapy dbt has seem to help me a lot with everything. still have bad days but not as bad as they were before and not as often. i am always open to talk if you want.
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bipolar with anxiety. 3 months into taking lithium, which I'm paranoid about making me gain weight. Better than dealing with bipolar symptoms though. :( I understand the difficulties that can come with mental health, even if it's different than yours. I wish you all luck with your journeys.
  • helenatony0519
    Options
    Hi. I m helena. May 28 I went into inpatient for slicing my legs 43 times. Was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder. I was in partial hospitalization for 7 weeks. My doctor put me on remeron, I gained 36 lbs in the first few weeks. Now I m chubby, miserable and depressed. None of my clothes look decent on me which makes me more depressed. I haven't put make up on in weeks. I need to get back to my comfortable 136lbs. So here I am.