SA available snacks

Options
slouw10
slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
Hi everyone! Do you have favourite SA "diet" snacks?

Some of mine:

Provita
Vital Mini Rice cakes

Oh, and I found Biogen diet porridge - Strawberry flavour - this is a very welcome change to my breakfast routine!

Fresh ideas would be very welcome!!

Replies

• Apoman
    Apoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Ryvita, the one with pumpkin seeds...
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The Woolies organic rice cakes are brilliant and don't contain any sodium. The slimmers choice range is also great (especially the frozen yoghurts) :)
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like provita and the ryvita, I don't really like rice cakes, find them meaningless. One of my other favourites is the Woolworths 100 gram Cheese, Carrot and Cucumber snack pack which I find really tasty..
  • slouw10
    Options
    Will try the Woolies cheese, carrot and cucumber snack pack! Wish more outlets had things like that!
  • slouw10
    Options
    The Woolies organic rice cakes are brilliant and don't contain any sodium. The slimmers choice range is also great (especially the frozen yoghurts) :)

I will have to try that frozen yoghurt - in the evening I feel left out if the family enjoy their Ultramel cups - so one of those once a week.... THANKS - great idea!:smile:
  • luvanbl
    luvanbl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Snacks for me at 10:00 and 16:00 is 10 Almonds Nuts or any nuts for that matter, any 1 x fruit and a large serving of water about 600-900mm.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Biltong, wild game as first choice! Living in the Eastern Cape means that is pretty easy to get hold of. Yay for all of the game farms in my province!
  • lelanischuster
    Options
    I LOVE Weighless Wraps. 78Cals each.
    I eat two wraps with chicken breast, tomato and greens, and it still has less carbs than a low GI Brown Seed Loaf sandwich.
    I add some low fat mayo.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like provitas, and my kids enjoy them too.
    I prefer fresh fruit tho, as a snack.
    And biltong too
  • mariskaS86
    Options
    I like Cup-a-Soup Lite and "fruit bowls" like chopped apples with plain yogurt and raisins; chopped melon with Ultramel Zero and a spoon of muesli for crunch. Maybe even a small muffin broken up, with mango, nuts and a little Ultramel Zero - almost tastes like trifle!
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to love Cracker bread with some avo or cream cheese. These days I opt for biltong or nuts.