Spur FOMO

Options
Those with kids know that the only place to go with kids across SA where adults can talk in peace is Spur. But the food at Spur is just shocking!?! Besides the taste being not so great, the healthy options are atrocious, as if no one even bothered to think about it.

Last night, I thought I'd have just some wings and crumbed mushrooms with a Coke Zero. The freaking wings half portion was nearly 600 calories!?! And the crumbed mushrooms, which I thought would be calorie heavy, was nearly nothing.

So, clearly, I need help. When going to Spur, what do you eat?

I can't really go to too many other places with my kids and get time to talk with adults in peace. So Spur is my best bet.

But what food can I enjoy there without the guilt?

Replies

• leannemanley1
    leannemanley1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI, I also went to the spur last night. I shared my crumbed mushrooms with my guest and had 2 coffees. If I had eaten, I would have chosen their wrap or the starter snails with butter and cheese no bread. As I'm on the LCHF diet, fat is good for me...the carbs not so much. Hope it helps. Also, a good choice is the shrimp starter.
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Howdy, my safe choice at the Spur is:
    Spur Steak Ranch - Chargrilled Rump, 200 grams ( 392 calories)
    Spur Steak Ranch - Hot Veg (Side), 0.5 Serving (79 calories)
    Spur Steak Ranch - Garden Salad, 1 Serving (39 calories)
  • heidispidey5
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken BBQ with a side salad, or a chicken Caesar salad, or a 200g rump with side salad
  • maybe99
    maybe99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also stick to steak and salad................ stay away from the pink sauce its evil
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad this group woke up. Some great suggestions here, guys.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM.......Spur, we don't have anything like that in OZ. onion rings, nacho's ........dribble:laugh:
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For those of us with kids that are looking for an occasional place to give them the odd treat, this website has links to most of our common eat out places:

http://www.freeit.co.za/
  • mariskaS86
    Options
    My healthy option is a 200g steak or the grilled chicken breast, with a baked potato. As for the starters, the chicken livers or the spicy beef strips are good options, as long as you sub the trammezini for brown bread... Oh and the pink sauce comes in at 27kCal per 15ml, so I allow myself to indulge :D
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Went recently to Spurfor the first time in ages. Had a steak with side of veg, but the pumpkin tasted like it add a ton of sugar added to it so I didn't finish it.
  • nellysen
    nellysen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Spur have updated their website so that when you are on the menu, you can select each dish or side and see exact nutritional values. Using this recently, I went prepared. I selected the 200g steak and a garden salad. I cut the steak in half for the doggie bag which I enjoyed the next day for lunch at home :)