Love to Lift

Options
Aliciaaah
Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
So, I just joined this group. I love to lift.

I'm the 100th member so I'm also wondering when I get my prize? :tongue:

How are you lovely ladies?

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I just joined, so I can't help you with your prize...but here's a flower for you :flowerforyou:

I love to lift and although still a noob I'm really excited about it!!! I'm following NROLFW and nearly done stage 1. Not sure if I'll like stage 2, but will try it and the readjust. If not I'll probably do strong lofts 5x5, or BFFM .

Looking forward to getting stronger with you all!
  • costleyma06
    costleyma06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a new member too! I must have been number 99 ;)

Welcome! Hopefully we can all connect and help one another! Hopefully we can show this board some action, too!
  • AshLawsonPearson
    AshLawsonPearson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group & 3.5 weeks into weight lifting! Loving it!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    It's nice to see other new members too!! I'm about 6 weeks into strength training while eating a 25% deficit, with no weight loss yet :( . I'm being patient (kind of) but thought I'd be down a lb at least? I've only been logging on mfp for a few weeks, but used a different online tracking site before that. I'm continuing my lifitng 3x week, and cardio/IT 2-3 times a week and waiting :). I've got plenty of fat left to lose, but at least I'm getting stronger and can see some muscles peeking through now!!

Off to the gym...stage 1 of NROLFW is almost done! :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. :happy: I've lifted lighter weights for years, medium weights since January, and heavy weights for a week (just joined a gym). I'm super excited to be lifting heavier now.
    Off to the gym...stage 1 of NROLFW is almost done! :)
    Nice Julie!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    I'm almost done with stage 1 of NROLFW...tomorrow and Tuesday and I'm done!! Woot! I've gained strength in all my lifts, and feel great!

I weigh and measure on Fridays. I have not lost 1 lb in the past 5 weeks since I've been committed to lifting heavier and eating at a 20% deficit. But, I've lost 3.8lbs of fat and gained 3.2 lbs of lean body mass (according to my accumeasure caliper) . I've been measuring the past 2 weeks, and ove lost 0.75" off my waist, 1" off my belly, and 1.5" off my hips. I will take it!! I'm excited!!! I know, you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time (in a small deficit 90% of the time). But, I guess as a newbie, it can happen! I'm loving the feel of muscles!! :)

I do 2-3 sessions of cardio and lift 3 x/week. I'll be heading to MN on Wed. for a family wedding. I'll reevaluate my routine when I get back. I may need to up my cardio a bit or rotate my calories...or maybe reevaluate my macros? I do still have plenty of fat to lose...and I'm ok with slow. But I would like to see the scale go down some. Hopefully in time :).

But, I'm excited! I love lifitng!!