Monday August 18, 2014

Options
djcangel
djcangel Posts: 800 Member
I hope all are well and ready to dive in to work in full gear. A little part of me still envies you working gals! I had an excellent if off the charts weekend. Just had a great party for 2 days, didn't even care about the consumption of mass quantities... I do not know if I should feel guilty, for I know that if I continued that bad behavior again, I would be back up in weight and making excuses for not exercising...and back in the rut. But evil or not, I do not feel guilty...:devil: . Now I am back on track and will go back to being the healthy person...I do truly want to be. It' hard to grow up, lol.

Sandy CONGRATS on the decade of the past. I am proud of you and the example you are setting, your great attitude is infectious , You are so good about checking in and it helps me more than you'll ever know to have you to share this path with. :flowerforyou:

Darlene, I hope you are rested up, I hope you enjoy your trip away and come back with some great stories on how you kept motivated.

Lydia, What's Autumn? LOL...S. TX 100+ degrees... I am with Sandy on ironing...UGH!!!

Just want to thank everyone for checking in.

@ Jan, I am so glad that you had a great vacation. You deserved it. Have a Wonderful Week.

Replies

• janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I have 2 more weeks off until I get back to my crazy schedule. I am so ready. Enough time off! I will be complaining about being too busy, soon. Can't win. We have houseguests coming next week for 5 days and I'm very excited! My husband's brother (from another mother....loooong story) and his wife will be visiting from Israel. They are great and I can't wait to spend time with them. Means lots of cooking and entertaining, though. I better be careful with my food!
    How is everyone doing? Congrats to everyone who lost weight! That doesn't include myself...hee hee. Not really funny, but I had my fun and now it is back to business. Missed chit chatting with you all!
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dj.. no fair telling us you consumed mass quantities without sharing what they were! I want to live my food fantasies through you guys.. lol

Sandy
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Take out Fried chicken, French fries, fried okra....I feel greasy...not going back to that...I won't go into the desert. And libation, or snarking down the left overs next day... I feel dirty...NOT, but I am glad that I am back on track, that is not who I want to be.
  • thin4me59
    Options
    DJ - good for you! We all need a spurge now and then and at least you realize you can't do this forever without going back to your/our old ways!

I am rested - did't do a thing yesterday! Felt kind of lazy but got right back into working out today! The loss last week kept me motivated to watch what I eat and hope I can do the same next week while away. The conference committee is offering yoga each morning - free of any cost, so I think I am going to try it. I have always wanted to so, this seems a good place to start!

Hope all of you lovely ladies have a great week!:heart:
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I splurged for 6 days and now I'm in detox. It actually feels better already. I was bloated and full and felt like crap. I don't know why I do that to myself. The last couple of days have been catch up. I'm gearing up for work and getting ready for the semester. I can't wait to go back! I love being around the college students, although at times it is a struggle to get them to realize that doing their work is important. I always have to remember that I was a party girl at that age and academics weren't always my first priority either! What is everyone up to today? Errands for me. Incredible weather!! Love it.