Quest 5: Hog Wars Episode V: The Enclave Strikes Back

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
Apologies for the haphazardly thrown together quest but I wanna get them in sync with Mondays again. That's Asking A Lot is till in effect until Wednesday. The Overseer also wishes to stress he does not condone eliminating certain foods or food groups from one's diet. But in the spirit of general nutrition and conventional dietary "wisdom", this quest may ask you to do so.

Hog Wars, Episode V: The Enclave Strikes Back.
DIFFICULTY: Normal - Hard
TARGET: Replenish the Enclave Sharecropper Farmstead AND/OR Confront Paul and Rich Terenzi.

As it turns out, Farmer Gearhardt has taken issue with that fact that the Enclave slew his beloved Hogger. With the help of Paul and Rich Terenzi, he launched a surprise attack and decimated the Enclave Farmstead livestock and contaminated the water supply. The Enclave fought bravely to drive them back but the damage has been done. The Enclave needs your help to replenish the farm!

Quest Objectives
-drink at least 72 oz of water a day for at least 5 days
-burn 2000 calories
-commit to "potty training" -- everytime you go to the rest room, you must do 15 squats or push-ups.
-you must eat at least four combined servings of fruits and vegetables for at least five days. (one serving is about 8 oz or one cup)
-avoid all chocolate and fizzy drinks.
-(optional) Travel to Pleasant Cove to confront Paul and Rich Terenzi. You may choose to bring Matt, Tiner or Megumi with you.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1404769-corollary-quest-see-you-in-hell-candy-boys?page=1

Replies

• bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, you sum*****. You know me and chocolate are best friends. In all seriousness though, I am not sure I can complete this challenge. The fruit and vegetable will trip me up as well. I will have to think on this one.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Can I count the water I'm already drinking? Not sure I can do 140oz, lol.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    I just want to say, you sum*****. You know me and chocolate are best friends. In all seriousness though, I am not sure I can complete this challenge. The fruit and vegetable will trip me up as well. I will have to think on this one.

Mwuhahaha! Aw I understand B. It's a good chance to use your [Favor from Megumi] and/or you could just go lay the smackdown on Rich and Paul.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Can I count the water I'm already drinking? Not sure I can do 140oz, lol.

LOL of course you can :P
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT64yPCKysLHVQsvpNkp9M8jqE_q27L9l7GgzI9UvPvWX7cysx7CP2-hzc

Couldn't resist xD
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    ...does "fizzy drinks" include beer? :P I haven't had any this week, shockingly, but it does happen. Soda and chocolate I'm fine without. (So feminine of me, I know.)

I'm fine on the water, but fell a little short on fruit/veg yesterday. Potty training: why not? I'm already squatting, right? The calorie burn isn't a problem either. I think I got this if I can manage the servings.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    For clarification, is the 2000 calorie burn in addition to the calories I'll burn doing the "You ask a lot" challenge. Because 28 miles on my bike Wednesday evening will burn a few calories, probably in the 800-1000 neighborhood. Do those count towards the 2000? Does the Ask a lot challenge need to be started or completed by Wednesday?
  • daybehavior
    Options

Couldn't resist xD

LOL you're f'ing stupid Peter. Leave Brian alone! >:(
  • daybehavior
    Options
    LAYLA
    Unfortunately it does include beer, my dear :)

ODWAR
    That's Asking A Lot is actually due tomorrow. Well technically up until tomorrow midnight PST. And yes, since the quests overlapped, you can double dip the burns.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options

Couldn't resist xD

LOL you're f'ing stupid Peter. Leave Brian alone! >:(

6126_youtube-star-chris-crocker-glitter.gif
  • bomftdrum
    Options

Couldn't resist xD
    That is pretty good Peter. Come talk to me when you get to my level. :)
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I hate to do it, but I am going to have to use my [Favor from Megumi].
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    LAYLA
    Unfortunately it does include beer, my dear :)

5e0b8bdc51c1fd13887087b559763e46.jpg
    *kicks dirt and mutters something about vitamins in beer*

Okay then. Gosh.
    :wink:
  • daybehavior
    Options
    LMAO! Gosh! You guys are too much xD

Brian, its OK man. You can still go back and complete the corollary quest when you have time later.

Also in light of Odwar's dilemma I think you've all earned

[A Favor from the Overseer]: The Overseer will bend the rules (within reason) to grant any game related wish you may have. This item is totally discretionary so if in doubt, ask!

Examples: extend a quest deadline, give me a free perk, give me some gold, remove/change a requirement from a quest, give me a free SPECIAL point, give me a one pound advantage at the next weigh in, etc.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    Options
    Can I use my favor to remove Brian from the competition ? OK that's too harsh. How about reducing his XP gains to 25% I think that's a reasonable request :-) I'm just asking GOSH! (I already know your response)
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should request Brian's XP to increase back to 100%. Haha, sorry, bad humor.

I may ask the deadline for "Asking too Much" to be extended, I can use that 1000 calorie burn towards my 2000 and complete the quest. I'll let you know, we've had thunderstorms every day for a couple weeks here and it's not been safe cycling conditions. Not excuses, I'd just rather be injured by a Radscorpion Queen than a motorized vehicle.

I've begun Hog Wars Episode V. I've been getting my fruit vegetable servings from broccoli and grapes from my neighbors backyard (shhh, don't tell him. It's in the spirit of this quest, since I'm pretending he's Farmer Gearhardt and I'm striking back for the Enclave. Haha.)

Layla, hang tough. You can now sing the depression era song "How Dry I Am." Haha. The Overseer should give you some extra gold, then again, with the calories in beer you won't be consuming you'll shoot to the top of Tier 1 and could be the one to finally beat out Ashley. Then again, Ashley's got his weight loss thing down.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    I've begun Hog Wars Episode V. I've been getting my fruit vegetable servings from broccoli and grapes from my neighbors backyard (shhh, don't tell him. It's in the spirit of this quest, since I'm pretending he's Farmer Gearhardt and I'm striking back for the Enclave. Haha.)

This cracked me up, for serious.
    :laugh:
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    So I'm drinking my water, eating my veggies, even made fresh lentil soup yesterday because I rock? lol. Been alternating the squats and push-ups. And NO BEER. *re-kicks dirt*

I'll keep you posted on the rest. :)
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    I have done all the things.
    Over five days I averaged 80oz of water...
    Got my damn servings in...
    No beer... no other fizzy... no sweet...
    Burned a total of 2350 cals.

Sorry I haven't been actively updating. This weekend has been crazy.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    It's all good darlin. Great job!