August 19th, 2014 - I continually call you

Options
Mine_Time
Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
"I continually call you to closeness with Me. I know the depth and breadth of your need for Me. I can read the emptiness of your thoughts when they wander away from Me. I offer rest for your soul, as well as refreshment for your mind and body. As you increasingly find fulfillment in Me, other pleasures become less important. Knowing Me intimately is like having a private wellspring of Joy within you. This spring flows freely from My throne of grace, so your Joy is independent of circumstances.

Waiting in My Presence keeps you connected to Me, aware of all that I offer you. If you feel any deficiency, you need to refocus your attention on Me. This is how you trust Me in the moments of your life.

Psalm 131:2; Ps 21:6; Ps 37:7"

How can I relate this to my weight loss journey?

Being single I find myself lonely a lot and I have ate because of loneliness. I need to lean more to God during those times so He can fulfill me and refresh my mind and body. To have my own well of Joy within me over flowing.

"Good Morning Father. Thank you for all the help you are giving me to get back on track with this journey. Thank you for providing me friends that are supporting me all the way. I love you Father. Help me with the loneliness that I feel at times to focus on you in those moments. In Jesus Name, Amen"

Replies

• coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. To be honest, I lost my faith 6 yrs ago after my little brother died in a car wreck but I have been trying to find it again ever since. When you're on such a personal journey of self-improvement you find that you connect with just about every inspirational quote you come across but this one really hit home. I really miss feeling like I'm connected to Him and this opened my eyes a little more. Thank you for sharing this!!
  • Mine_Time
    Options
    I understand I had lost my faith for a little while too, after my divorce. I was treated so bad by the church that I had attended I didn't want anything to do with church for a long time. I am glad this helped you today. You're not alone. :)
  • stayc13
    stayc13 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi girls, I am grateful for this group. I am just starting back up to mfp and tracking my food and all. This is a nice tool, but I know to receive freedom from my yo/yo dieting I need to lean on God a lot more in this area. I feel that God has told me its not a "perfect method/diet" that is the answer (they I believe are helpful tools), but I need to renew my mind. Romans 12:2.

Like Felicia said, the devotion was wonderful, my mind is fried due to I worked 12 hrs or I'd probably ramble on a lot more bout it, lol. Maybe i will tomorrow my day off.

M.T. - I have been married (2nd) for 2 happy years now! I let God lead, not because I'm so full of faith, but because I had lot of fear of making a stupid choice and enduring many more yrs of hurt. I dated alot, I learned a lot. An in the end, I am blown away with how perfectly God answered, not saying He is perfect (though damn close, lol) But Gods leading was. I had a bad crush on a guy, dated over a year, seemed right but I prayed alot an God didnt really say anything, i didnt have peace though. I met my now hubby later, I saw red flags (because of his past) it scared me, but God talked all the time, kept telling me to just hang in there (so to speak) He won my heart and my trust, he proved to me he is a good man, and we enjoy the heck out of each other! But It is God who is my true hubby an if life gets hard again, I know God is still my strength. Before I was willing to say yes to my hubby, God had me say yes to him, it was hard. I felt God say, I wont promise you he wont hurt u some day, but this where I am leading you, will you go, will you trust me? Im so glad I did!

ok i ramble...
  • Mine_Time
    Options
    That is awesome thank you so much for sharing. It is so encouraging to hear peoples stories about how they met their love ones. Lets me know there is still hope. :) I don't date a lot b/c I am very picky, some may say too picky, but I know what I want in a man :)

My biggest thing isn't just losing the weight but working out the reason why I got there in the first place. One of the ways of doing that is learning new habits and leaning on God more.

I am looking forward to seeing what God does in all of us through this group and learning to turn to Him more instead of food.