Pick A Perk! Revision 2.0

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
This is not a finalized list. I will let you know if changes, additions/subtractions are made.

LEVEL 2 - 4:
---
Swift Learner: Requires 6 INT. You add an additional 10% to total XP earned for the week.

Master Trader: Requires 6 CHR. 20% discount at the item shop. (Stacks with Wolfgang's Wild Savings Card)

Fortune Finder: Requires 5 LCK. Chance to double gold/silver gains from quests.

Confirmed Bachelor (male) / Switchblade Romance (female): Requires 6 CHR. In combat, you will do increased damage to members of the same sex. Outside of combat, you will sometimes have unique dialogue options with member of the same sex.

Womanizer (male) / Black Widow (female): Requires 6 CHR. In combat, you will do increased damage to members of the opposite sex. Outside of combat, you will sometimes have unique dialogue options with member of the opposite sex.

LEVEL 5 - 7:
---
Action Boy / Action Girl: You gain an additional 15 AP.

Toughness: Requires 5 END. +5 DT permanently added.

Heavy Handed: Requires 7 STR. Increased DMG with two-handed weapons.

Double Trouble: You can now dual wield certain weapons with a 50% DMG penalty on your offhand weapon.

It's a Secret to Everybody: Requires 7 INT. Every week, you somehow manage to add half a pound to your weight loss. How do you do it? It's A Secret to Everybody...

LEVEL 8 -10
---
Grim Reaper Sprint: Killing an opponent with a critical hit restores 50% of HP and AP

Better Criticals: Requires 5 LCK, 6 AGI. Criticals now do 50% more damage.

Sticky Fingers: Requires 6 AGI. You can now attempt to pickpocket NPCs and quest givers.

Simply Irresistible: Requires 7 CHR. You can now convince two people above you at the weigh in to share 25% of their gold amd experience points earnings with you.

NEW! Double Trouble 2: Atomic Bugaloo: When dual wielding the same type of weapons, the offhand damage penalty is negated.

LEVEL 12-14
---
Trigger Happy: Requires 6 PER, 5 AGI. Weapons that have a chance to hit multiple times will now do so more frequently.

Energy to Spare: Requires 5 END. Any remaining HP left after a boss battle is now converted to silver and XP.

NEW! Step Lightly: Requires 6 AGI. You are now immune to blasts from your own Mines and are less likely to set off traps while exploring dungeons.

NEW! Picky Ricardo: Requires 6 CHR, 5 LCK. You won't settle for second best. From now on, the lowest tier of items from a boss' loot table are automatically removed.

NEW! Fever Spike: damage over time effects such as Burn, Poison, Bleed, and Shock can now crit.

LEVEL 15-19 New Tier
--
ChemsCrafter: Requires 5 INT. Every week you can craft a Jet, Stimpak, Psycho, or Med-X at the Hero's Enclave. For every point of INT you have above 6, you may craft an additional vial. With 7 or more INT you can also craft Rocket and Slasher.

Pray and Spray: Weapons that have a chance to hit multiple enemies will now do so more frequently.

Double Trouble 3: Third Strike: Requires Double Trouble 2. When dual wielding two weapons of the same type, there is a chance their powers will combine and add a devastating third attack.

Mysterious Stranger (Combat Version): Requires 5 LCK. Whenever an enemy is below 25% HP, there is a chance a Mysterious Stranger will step out of the shadows and finish them off for you. Having a higher luck stat will increase this likelihood.

Level 20+ New Tier
---
Nerd Rage / Desperation / Last Stand: Requires 7 INT / PER / STR (respectively). Whenever you are below 25% HP, your damage with energy weapons (Nerd Rage), firearms (Desperation) or melee weapons (Last Stand) is tripled and your DT is increased by 50% You may choose this perk more than once.

Walking On Sunshine: For every mile you walk, you'll earn rewards depending on your Karma. 50s for Bad Karma, 75s + 1 First Aid Kit for Neutral Karma, 1 Gold + 1 First Aid Kit and 3 Plasma Grenades for Good Karma.

Double Trouble (2281 Reboot) Requires Double Trouble 3. You may now freely dual wield any two weapons without any DMG penalty as well as receive the benefits from Double Trouble 3.

NEW! Empathetic Resonance: Requires 5 END, 5 LCK. Whenever you are critically struck, your attacker also receives 50% of the resulting damage.

Replies

• daybehavior
    Options
    Peter, Layla, Brian and Jeff can pick 3. If anyone else wants to pick a peck of perks, lemme know.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will take Better Criticals and Electric Bugaloo for now.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just want to make sure. I can pick 3 on top of what I already have correct?
  • daybehavior
    Options
    That is correct good sir.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If I can have a level 20, this is my list

1. Heavy Handed
    2. Grim Reaper Sprint
    3. Walking on Sunshine

If I can't have a level 20, I'll pick something else in place of Walking on Sunshine, but not sure yet what.

I have a question regarding "Nerd Rage / Desperation / Last Stand: Requires 7 INT / PER / STR (respectively). Whenever you are below 25% HP, your damage with energy weapons / firearms / melee weapons is tripled and your DT is increased by 50% You may choose this perk more than once."

What does it mean I may pick this more than once. Do perks disappear once I use them?
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you'll be level 20 so that sounds good.

In regards to these perks, all the ones you see on this page are permanent unlike the ones earned in the Hero's Enclave. It says you can take Nerd Rage / Desperation / Last Stand more than once because although they have the same effect, they are essentially three different perks that affect different weapon skills.

So for example, if you have a high INT stat, it would benefit you more to take Nerd Rage because it affects you're damage with energy weapons. However, if you have high INT as well as high PER or STR, you can also take Desperation and/or Last Stand in addition to Nerd Rage.

Peter for example has high PER and INT, low STR so it would benefit him to take Nerd Rage and/or Desperation, but NOT Last Stand.

Brian has high STR and low INT so the only one that would benefit him would be Last Stand.

Hope that clears it up for you.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Oh how I want to pickpocket, but...

1. Better Criticals
    2. Trigger Happy
    3. Desperation
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    I should have picked all three. Those are cool perks, but can wait till next time I pick, if that ever happens. We'll see.

Thanks for the explanation. Still, walking on Sunshine was picked less as a perk and more as motivation to get more miles with my feet. I need to motivate myself more, I don't want any more weeks with weight gain.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Ha, actually I don't think it's a good idea to pick all three. Maybe two at the most. Three is probably unnecessary unless you like carrying a bunch of different weapons around. But I left in there in case there comes a point where you don't know what else to spend a perk on.

Did you want to change out walking on sunshine for one of the Nerd Rage / Desperation / Last Stand perks?
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    No. Walking in Sunshine is picked to give me incentive/motivation to walk/run more than I do currently. Can I still do the Asking a Lot challenge or does it end Wednesday? If so, the Walking perk will be real good to have.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Options
    And I do like dwarves, carrying around a lot of weapons is the norm. Haha.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    I will bestow a one time [Overseer Favor] so you may complete the quest a week late! Im not sure how many miles you've done already but if you think you can finish it by Wednesday midnight PST, then we can redact it :)
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will choose these three.
    Energy to Spare:
    Mysterious Stranger (Combat Version):
    Double Trouble 2: Atomic Bugaloo