August 20, 2014 and topic

Options
Good morning all!!!

I have a lousy cold and found out sleeping with the CPAP machine with a cold is NOT fun. Woke up at 5:00 a.m. feeling like I couldn't breathe.

Surgeon appointment went very well and I told him I had read four books, joined forums and attended his seminar.. I didn't need to go away and think about it.. so we got on with it right there and then. He sent me to one of his Staff to talk about all the appointments I need to make. The first one was already done, mammogram and that was clear. I have two more this morning, an osephogram, I think that is the right spelling, where I drink barium and have an x-ray, then I am having labs done. Next Monday afternoon is a psych consult and a couple of days later a full physical, then an appointment with the dietician.

So that's me.. spitting feathers because I can't have anything to eat and drink, I am buying breakfast!

So what is everyone up to? Anything special going on today? What about your daily routine makes sticking with your eating program hard or easy?

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Daily routine that makes it both hard and easy during the week is work. Work makes it easy not to eat because I am too busy. However, it makes it hard to work out because I am too exhausted after work to want to work out and I it's my only time with my daughter so I don't want to leave to go to the gym. But sometimes I do, but I feel guilty doing it because it's my only time to spend with her and I feel like I should be with her. I would like to do something exercising as a family but until this heat is over, it is too miserable to be outside. Even the pool is disgusting right now. The water has to be over 90 degrees.

The weekends are another story though. The Lake is nice and cool still. I have no problem getting my exercise in on the weekends. Food is sometimes a problem because of drinking. Like this weekend's wine festival. Even though I don't eat a whole lot, a few glasses of wine adds up and then I tend to go over.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Congrats on moving forward with your surgery. I hope the poking and prodding goes well.

Like heather it is defiantly work. I'm self employed so their are cycles of long periods of little activity and then weeks of endless projects. When I first started this I was at a slow point in work for about a month. Not great financially but it did give me the time and room to focus each day on how and what I ate and my exercise. I could spend large parts of the day shopping, cooking, and working out when it suited me. Then as usual several projects with asap deadlines come together at once and things become much more difficult. Add to that the general slow down in enthusiasm for your weight loss. It makes eating difficult and increases the number of times I'm fighting myself to eat in response to my emotions and the need or easy comfort. Days I spend visiting clients is even more difficult. The appointments are almost always at meal times, early in the morning or at the beginning of the afternoon. I try to have something before I go, usually a cliff bar, which can fill me while i am with them. But when i don;t or when it's not enough their is the desire to pickup food. I have been successful at whining myself off fast food, the idea to eat their doesn't come up often anymore. But even a trip to the grocery store to pickup a sandwich is fraught with issues and temptations, of which I have given into on more then one occasion and regretted it. It's hard to come home on those days and have the desire to rummage through the fridge, find what will satisfy you and make it. I don't really have an issue with picking something up, sometimes it just makes life a little easier, its making the right choices while doing it that's hard.

Exercise i also impacted. It was nice when work was slow and I could choose to spend the afternoon off having a bike ride, come back two hours later and then get to work. Thats a little harder now and theirs far less energy and enthusiasm for it at the end of the day. Which means I have been pushing myself hard during the weekends. Which is nice but it can also backfire and make working out the rest of the week difficult.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Right now I do not work exactly, I just do some part time stuff typing at home. This is good because I can spend a lot of time thinking about meals, and so on, I have time to plan ahead rather than track after the fact. It also means I have time for exercise, I am just a lazy bum sometimes about still doing it. But not getting out of the house also means less moving around on mom exercise days. I don't have to walk from my car to my office, walk for my lunch, pop and do some errands or any of that. But then on the other hand that means I do not have to fight the fast food possibilities as much because I do not happen to walk or drive past them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Routines: Work/Weekday - I worry only about me. Sometimes I struggle, but most times I don't. Currently trying to adapt myself to coffee so I can try bulletproof coffee. I don't always eat much before 4 pm, so this might be a good fit. I can eat what I want, when I want, without worrying about anyone else except the bosses and customers, both easily managed.

PM/Weekends: Worry about everything under the sun getting done. Overwhelmed. Always putting myself last. Squeezing everything in and managing so much...

So I prefer weekdays as far as my health is concerned, but weekends rejuvenate my spirit/soul/energy...