SWEET success! I am finding MY path!

Options
dyannajoy
dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
Hi everyone, I just wanted to drop by, say hi, and let you know I am still going forward. A month ago, I made a commitment to myself, that I would spend 30 days eating healthy (no sugar or grains) and exercise every day. OR I could stop anytime I wanted to. But whatever decision I made was my final one as I was sick and tired of on again and off again. So whether I stayed eating healthy or not was completely up to me, but it was permanent. Well it has been the miracle of all miracle for me. I am so extremely grateful to have MADE A DECISION on how I want to feel for the rest of my life. For the past 30 days, with being on vacation for almost 2 weeks AND celebrating my birthday with many loved ones, I not only did not change course, but the course got more solid with every passing day and I rarely struggled and rarely felt deprived (and those times I did were only for a moment and passed very quickly and I also told myself that I could also stop anytime I wanted too, but if I stop, it is permanent too). And I did not step on the scale until the month was done (which is what I plan to continue doing). So after 1 month of no crazy exercising (15-30 min a day) and no hunger because I ate when I needed too (and occasionally when I did not need too :) I am happy to report I am down 11 lbs! I feel better in every way and am extremely grateful I was finally able to make that decisions. Why I waited so long I will never know..........but feel it is better late than ever for sure! And celebrating my birthday was a piece of cake (pun intended :) While others ate cake and ice cream, I was very content with fruit or a cup of coffee with half and half..........or another helping of potatoes LOL And now I must get back to work, I teach at the university and classes start next week....eek :) But will stop by from time to time and let you know my progress. I wish you all Peace and Joy this day! Dyanna

Replies

• DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, Dyanna, that excellent!! You're the new poster chick for healthy living!! And ELEVEN pounds!!! Whoot! Whoot! You go girl!

:drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Sandy
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, Dyanna, that excellent!! You're the new poster chick for healthy living!! And ELEVEN pounds!!! Whoot! Whoot! You go girl!

:drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Sandy

Thanks sooooo much Sandy! No one is more shocked than I! In addition to making a decision to eat healthy and exercise, I found out that my next decision had to be to take VERY good care of myself and say no when I needed to. That has been a little harder than I thought. But this too is getting easier also with each passing day. I believe the hardest part of all was just making a decision. Seems silly now in retrospect, but that is what has held me back for many many years. Every time I did this before, I would soon end up on a "slippery slope" of one type or another. Because I was always afraid that I would die without being able to eat whatever I wanted whenever I NEEDED too. Yup food has been my best friend maybe all of my life. But it isn;t anymore. I am at an age now where I have to focus on health. And I have made a decision that I will have the health, the energy, and the life I deserve. Food is not what I live for any more. Life is!:bigsmile:
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Dyanna, applause, applause!!! Nice work!:flowerforyou: