Too Many Ho Hos and Ding dongs

Options
mspoopoo
mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
This is the thread to come to if you feel you have messed up and are having trouble getting back on track.

These groups have a high rate of attrition. If you have a binge or something else and may have gained and feel too ashamed to continue in the group, come and post here. Any reason where you might feel like quitting... stuck at the same weight for a month...Aunt Sally keeps bringing over masses of ribs and cheesecake.

Any kind of situation where you feel like you want to give up, come here and post and get the support you need to continue.

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    This is a message of encouragement after a bad eating moment!

A few nights ago at bookclub, having gone there straight from work tired, I loaded up on treats and some wine and then went home and had two small pieces of pizza!!! That was after a day of eating healthy breakfast and small lunch.

I was depressed because next day I gained back the pound I lost and i knew I had a choice say F"it and quit or try harder. I also knew my husband planned our once a year steak dinner that night.

So I cut down breakfast, skipped lunch because we had dinner early and I had a small salad with dinner with a sip of wine, (did something I never do, I poured the glass of wine down the sink when hubby not looking)

And scale is down this morning...now could be because of water retention or??? but...I am determined this time not to give up!!!! :sad:
  • tcgreen05
    tcgreen05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Mega chocolate craving today!!! (I think it's hormone-driven....) I gave in to the craving and bought a treat at lunch - dark chocolate covered pretzels with sea salt - but after eating a few pieces, I handed the rest of the bag to my co-workers so that I couldn't eat anymore. I knew if I left the bag on my desk, I'd dig into the rest of it before the day was over. I'm actually feeling ok about the whole thing. Granted, I'll be way over my calorie goal for the day because of the chocolate and the fact that I hurt my leg running yesterday so I can't exercise today, but I have to keep telling myself to look at the big picture. In the grand scheme of the week, a few chocolate covered pretzels aren't going to derail me!! I refuse to let them!!!!
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ugh been out for dinner last 2 nights with drinks aswell! really dont need 750cal of beer on a wed night!
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is still here and trying. That is the important part. Forgive yourself and move on.

I say this as I am eating chocolate; too much chocolate
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Cheats are ok, habits are not. I say as long as you identify there is an issue and work on it, you are one step better than before. I'm currently working on eating less chocolate and pasta (mmmm chocolate lol). But I WILL cheat and it WILL be delicious and it will also be in moderation.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a solution for chocolate. Avoid Hershey's. Go to the expensive chocolatier you must have locally and buy one or two truffles. Yup, they cost a bundle. At Matthew's here in little Hillsborough, NC they cost about $2.25-2.50 each. They have about 70 calories each. But they are so damn good, you don't need any more.
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    Fortunately, the icky plastic Hersheys isn't sold here.

We have Cadbury which is quite good. Melbourne is a chocolate mecca with many small makers.
  • myepsen
    myepsen Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Last night I stumbled but I didn't completely fall. I ate pizza and had some wine. NORMALLY I would have eaten the WHOLE pizza and drunk a whole bottle of wine plus some sort of dessert. Instead, I only ate a few pieces of pizza, 1 glass of wine and then went out and did 1 hour of yard work and had no dessert. I drank a ton of water and went to bed nice and tired.
    I felt good curbing my old behaviors, I know they are not completely gone but if I can counter them a little at a time I can be successful in the future!

Have a great day all!
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Great job, myepsen!! That's the way to do it! Modify your behavior in a positive way and voila! You'll see results :o)

It was "Taco Tuesday" in my house last night and I gave in to eating "just one more" taco when I knew I'd already had enough, then cringed when I entered the calories into my food diary. So while my kids were taking baths (one upstairs & one downstairs), I decided to run up & down the stairs between the 2 of them to burn the extra taco off :o) Felt so good to negate those calories!!
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    riallain & myepsen: THAT’s the ticket (imho) Whether it’s planned or not, we CAN offset our indulgences with a little extra exercise. And we deserve indulgences once in a while …. We can’t live like Spartans the rest of our lives!! Good job to you both! I'm impressed! I plan to do the same soon with a little peach cobbler and extra treadmill time!! :drinker:
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Went to Colorado Springs on Sunday and got together with some friends I hadn't seen for about 4 years. It was really great, but I had too many Mai Tai's and Wine. The last couple days have kind of been a wash since I got back Monday night but I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I'm not giving up on my goals!
  • myepsen
    myepsen Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Great job, myepsen!! That's the way to do it! Modify your behavior in a positive way and voila! You'll see results :o)

It was "Taco Tuesday" in my house last night and I gave in to eating "just one more" taco when I knew I'd already had enough, then cringed when I entered the calories into my food diary. So while my kids were taking baths (one upstairs & one downstairs), I decided to run up & down the stairs between the 2 of them to burn the extra taco off :o) Felt so good to negate those calories!!

That is AWESOME - good job!!!