August 21

Options
janet41283
janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
Hello out there! Seems very, very quiet! I am working hard to stay on program. I am struggling like crazy, but dealing with it. How is everyone else doing? I'm gearing up for my houseguests and can't wait to see them. I'm glad they don't want to sightsee. They have traveled the world and have seen everything! We can just hang out and catch up on things. We may go to a winery or something low key. Dinners out, barbecues here, dinners here, I will be cooking a lot. It is so worth it just to get to visit with them!

Replies

• thin4me59
    Options
    Hi Jan, I too am struggling a bit right now. A lot of "stuff" happening and the stress is unbelievable. i am getting ready to head to Arizona for a week long conference where it seems like all they do is feed you. I did check with the hotel where we are staying and they have an excellent fitness room so I have packed some work out clothes. My goal is to either get up early, or at least at night do some sort of work out and NOT to gain weight. The conference is offering a yoga class each morning - free and so I may just give it a try. :happy: I have always wanted to try yoga so this may be the nudge I need. :laugh:
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey Jan and Darlene, I jumped off the wagon and gained 9 pounds...things just fell apart after one day, it is my personality really always been an all or nothing type...just have to stay on track, I was doing so good, that is why I hate messing up so bad, it takes so long to get caught back up to par. I plodwaddled (a word I just made up) through my walk this morning, and I haven't been on my elliptical in several days. Not happy with myself.:angry:
  • janet41283
    Options
    I think we can all relate to falling off the wagon. Don't beat yourself up. I guess the important thing is to get back to whatever program you were doing before. While I was away I saw people downing 5 mudslides at a time and stuffing their faces with all sorts of food. They were also parading around in bikinis. How the hell do they do that???? I get bitter.
    If I ever did yoga or zumba I would knock people over. I am a major klutz and I have zero rhythm. It isn't even funny. So hopefully we will all get on the right track again and work at this together!
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think all of us are in the same predicament. We get busy with what is necessary in life and our exercising takes the fall. I too have let it slide. We are trying to do 2 months of homework in 1 1/2 months and that is hard to do. We did finish one month and starting the next. Everything has to be done by Sept 17 as we fly to Florida then and I don't want to have Max do any homework. We need a vacation. We will have enough stress figuring out where Cory will be moving as he need to find a film job. He prefers to do the sound part but has a degree for all parts of Film. If anyone knows anyone, please let me know.
    I really have to try harder to exercise daily.
    Other than that, we are being invaded by these little wasps, almost like skinny bees. We had 9 of them in our house and I don't know how they came inside. One stung my dog and I had to get the stinger out of her nose, only found that out hours later though. Told the landlord he needs to get rid of them.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I surely can identify with the struggle to keep plugging away at eating with a calorie deficit and getting some exercise. I'm finding my fitbit is helping quite a bit with walking as exercise. Regular gym time will start in a couple of weeks. I cannot gain weight at this point or I will have no clothes to wear, and no one wants to see that! No snacks tonight because I had a burger and shared some fries with my beer after golf. (All logged.) Better not do that again this week. Under calories, but not terribly healthy.

Jan, enjoy your company. DJ, I'll bet some of the gain will disappear quickly. Keep logging in!
  • djcangel
    Options
    AAAARRRRGGGG...:explode: I SUFFERED all week and have only dropped 4 of the 9 pounds I gained. WHY, can I put on 9 in a week and it will stick like glue...but SUFFER the shred and all and it ekes off, oh no sir, not to stay off...just to wait for one slip up and attack. :sad:

Eleanor, My prob is my stupid bad back...it just will not let me decide when to exercise...now that I'm out of the regular habit...it is hard to get out of idle. I wish I could see where you live...I bet it is awesome!

Lydia, So sorry to hear about your wasp invasion, and the fact that they are small is worse. My bro was stung inside his ear by a wasp/bee looking thing that was about the same size as a house fly, but packed all the sting as a larger one. I am thinking that it may have been one of those imported wasps they brought in to TX to help fight the fire ants...so if it's not one thing it's another. Hope you get rid of your pest problem soon. I sure wish I could help you out with knowing someone in the film industry...but alas, I do not, Wish him the Best!

Hey Jan...Hope you are doing well and things are returning to normal after your vacation. Me I need to beat myself up, I need others to kick my butt, I operate so much better under that type of constant pressure, as it is...it is way to easy for me NOT to stay on track. Like not trying harder to get back into my exercise routine...my bad!!! I want to invent a discrete boot on a mechanical leg that I have to stand on a pressure plate in front of (back to the foot). Then if I have gained it will give me one right in the derrière post haste!!! LOL
  • mcamping
    mcamping Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It is that time of year when we are all enjoying the last of summer and friends before all of the kids head back to school and life becomes crazy again, so falling off the bandwagon is not uncommon. I have not lost any weight and have not gained any weight, so I have to start working harder at it. I went a new doctor and after she ran her tests she said that I have hashimoto's disease (my body does not like my thyroid), so we shall see what that entails. But for the fun stuff, I got the jawbone fit bracelet. It is soo cool. I tracks my movements for the day and my sleep and logs it into myfitnesspal for me. I am loving this thing, but I also hate it, It says that I need to add more steps to my day!:grumble: So now I need to get up early and start moving and losing.
    I hope that you all don't beat yourself up too hard and realize that we all have to enjoy life. If it means that we may have a bad week here and there then so be it, this is a journey with hills and valleys.
    Have a good week.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Marie, Was the jawbone fit bracelet expensive? Do you have to pay for a plan to hook it up to MFP? This thing interests me. I would like to know more...know I could look it up on the inter-net but would prefer a REAL persons opinion. That may replace all the work I would have to do to invent the kick in the butt machine, lol.
  • mcamping
    Options
    I bought mine on ebay for 40 dollars. It is free to hook up to MFP, but I also have it hooked to my phone, I think it was 3 dollars for the phone app (don't quote me I may be wrong, but I think it was somewhere around there). It is great, it give me challenges on my steps so that I move more and then it lets me know when I am not moving enough. It also tracks your sleep to let you know how deep you sleep at night and how long you slept for.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Thanks Marie!
  • janet41283
    Options
    I have no idea what a jawbone fit thing is. Sounds like something from Silence of the Lambs. I have to research this so I know what you are all talking about!! I have good news....I have major incentive to lose weight now. I am soon to be mother of the groom! My son is ready to pop the question! I'm excited. BUT, I don't want to be a fat mother walking her kid down the aisle.
  • djcangel
    Options
    @ JAN...How Awesome. Congratulations, you must be happy with his choice, how great is that! So happy for you!
  • mcamping
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome news!