Protein/Soft Food Recommendations

Options
arh0317
arh0317 Posts: 33 Member
Hello again!

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm getting pretty sick of the powdery protein taste. Everything seems so so sweet tasting. I'm just struggling with getting everything in!

Thanks!

Replies

• tcdouglas
    tcdouglas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not even a full 2 weeks posts op and I can't stomach the protein shakes right now so I ordered the unflavored protein today to try that in different beverages,etc to see how I do with that... I'm with you, I am open to suggestions as well.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, ricotta, tuna fish with Greek yogurt, soft scrambled egg beaters, mashed kidney beans, puréed edamame, hummus, salmon salad made with Greek yogurt.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Learn to cook/bake with protein powder - sites like ProteinPow.com is a start! Pancakes are easy and there are many recipes. My current one is (works for some powders, not others) - 2 scoops powder, 1 egg and 4 oz any milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk). Cook like pancakes. Divide into bags according to how much you can eat at one time. I put sugar free preserves and whipped cream on top. I can eat anything with a little (melted!) whipped cream (I use land o lakes in the can, or lite coolwhip in the tub).

You can also just add a little milk or water to powder and make a pudding mix you eat with a spoon. I find that easier than drinking it.
  • arh0317
    arh0317 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Anyone try whey liquid protein 42 fruit punch? It's only 3.5 oz. I'm thinking that amount would be so much easier. But not sure it's a good idea?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Anyone try whey liquid protein 42 fruit punch? It's only 3.5 oz. I'm thinking that amount would be so much easier. But not sure it's a good idea?

If it's one of those protein shots, they are sometimes nastier than regular protein drinks.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Its usually tastier and cheaper to make the shots yourself. Just use regular fruity protein powder (like Apple or Grape or Strawberry) and only mix it with 3 oz water.