Dinner tonight?

Options
What are you making? I'm roasting a chicken with Rosemary and lemon, and making Swiss chard sautéed in coconut oil as a side.

Replies

• CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Chicken burrito minus the tortilla from Qdoba...too tired to cook.
  • Ebonessa
    Ebonessa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I have special plans. I (hope I) will receive my scale today so I can weigh things properly, and then I'll prepare 2 mega-pots, of about 6-8 portions each, of the following:

1) Chicken with lentils, olives, marmite cashews, boiled eggs, and feta cheese
    2) Chicken with mushrooms, corn, black beans, chick peas and chili red sauce

What I do is get 2 packs of chicken breast fillets, boil them, and then separate/cut them in very thin pieces (so they can absorb other flavors better). Half I use for recipe 1, and half for recipe 2. Which reminds me, I should write down the recipes tonight when I execute them!

I know they sound pretty weird but hear me out!

1) Lentils are a very Mediterranean food, high in iron. I am Greek, and my people have mastered the art of making lentils a sexy food! It is common knowledge in Greece that, if you want your body to absorb the iron in the most efficient way, you should have a boiled egg with it. Additionally, nothing goes with lentils more than olives and feta cheese. The chicken adds a bit of protein, and (I am guessing, this will be my first time trying this addition) the marmite cashews will give a crunchy tasty kick.

2) Black beans are one of the most healthy foods, featuring on every list on the internet. Corn and mushrooms are 2 of my most favorite foods, also low on calories. Chick peas may not be as nutrient, but they are great for sustaining that "full" feeling for hours, and chili is one of the most effective metabolism-boosters out there. It's only fair to add them all in one mix with some chicken and red sauce!

I put the mixes in separate freezer bags, and they last me for weeks. I can then add them to lettuce salad, tortillas, tacos, or just simply enjoy them as they are. The portion sizes are 200-250 grams, average calorie count for each portion is between 325-350 calories, which makes it awesome for lunch or dinner!
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm making a rack of lamb, cauliflower rice with lime and cilantro, and sauteed spinach. I cook for my family of five (myself, husband, two teenagers, and my mom who lives with us). I try to make food most everyone will enjoy, although now my daughter has decided she is a pescatarian. She will get beans or something instead of lamb ;-)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I may not cook tonight. But for lunch I broiled 2 small lamb chops with fresh rosemary and roasted baby potatoes wirh brussel sprouts! Yummy!!!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I made Pizza Chicken, which is one of my favorite recipes from Denise Austin's Jump Start book. I also made carrots, green beans and whole wheat couscous. Also, while the oven is on - which does not happen often in summer - I am making a vegetable tian - roasted vegetables - yellow squash, tomato, potato, onion I added a sweet potato. I made it once before with zucchini, but I didn't have any tonight. Found that one on Pinterest!
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am going to eat healthy and happy. Baked tiliapia , roasted Italian seasoned vegetables ( yellow and zuchinni squash, red and green peppers, mushrooms), along with a small bag of baked chips for some crunch and salt. And no calorie peach tea.

If I walk my dog before it gets too late this evening I can have vanilla yogurt and blueberries with a handful of granola for dessert.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Chicken Hungry Girlfredo Bowl - from the Hungry Girl Diet - delicious, quick, easy and filling! This is the first I have had broccoli slaw - yum!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Grilled Filet Mignon with grilled brussel sprouts and baby potatoes!
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Parmesan and sage crusted thin cut pork chops and couscous. Delicious!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    After spending the weekend on the island with my good girlfriends I am trying to get back to healthy eating. Tonight I made a spinach salad topped with tuna, mushrooms, dried cranberries, grape tomatoes and some feta cheese. It's very filling and healthy!
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had lean ground beef with a small baked sweet potato yum!
  • gelica_15
    gelica_15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad with some really yummy Boathouse Farms Southwest yogurt dressing. It was delicious. :-)
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Once a month on a friday we get burgers. That friday, was today. I get a small cheese burger wrapped in lettuce rather than a bun, with sauted onions and mushrooms, pickles and the small fry.
  • Beachlady24
    Beachlady24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mmmm that sounds amazing!
  • Ansin529
    Ansin529 Posts: 47
    Options
    Tonight's meal was awesome!!! If you love fish, it just may be a must try!!!

3 - 4 oz Tilapia Fillets "Walmart"
    4 - Tablespoons Soy Sauce (A little high in sodium, however I do not do this often)
    4 - Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
    A few shakes of the Onion Powder
    A few shakes of the Garlic Powder
    1/4 of an Onion (Chopped into bite size pieces

I began soaking the Tilapia in the marinade when they were first removed from the freezer. The Tilapia marinated in the mixture for approximately an hour before the homemade foil tray they were sitting in was placed in a grill. The Tilapia was smoked in the grill for approximately 15 minutes.

The Tilapia was absolutely awesome!!!

Combine the grilled Tilapia with a salad and I was in heaven...
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Subway. Lol.
  • juditdell
    Options
    Tonight we had meatballs, boiled then sauteed potatoes and broccoli.
    It was yummy:)
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be a hard one. First day of school and my son picked cheesy tatter-tot hotdish. there is nothing healthy even when I sub in greek yogurt and swap things out. Hoping to offset it with steamed veggies.

Love the tilapia recipe. I might have to try that this week!!!
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Leftover Green Chili Pulled Pork Tacos
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Having a Compliments Spaghetti 250 calorie dinner and an apple. Cruise coming up in 15 days and want to be slimmer to have a good time. Wish me luck! Take care everyone!