scholarly articles about endurance running metabolism

Options
Dofflin
Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
Heyy
I am doing a group research project about metabolism and cell function and have to come up with a proposal to my group next week about our field of study for the next 8 weeks. I need to convince them that endurance running is the best thing to study becquse it covers all the areas we studied (cell metabolism, far storage, glycogen/cqrbs, protein, enzyme action).
I just need a scholarly article (or 3). anyone know of any??! I will be sure to post my findings up here.
Thanks! Our other option is respiration and heat transfer in kangaroos!

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Just going out on a limb here, but have you tried doing a Google search for "scholarly articles about endurance running metabolism"?

I just did. It only returned a little over 7 million results.

Not trying to be an @ss here, but if it's a research project, you should probably do some research. Just sayin'.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have access to more resources than google. Just asking.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You probably won't find one paper on all these, but, if you break down the topics, it is easy to find one of each.

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000960 (glycogen)

https://cardinalscholar.bsu.edu/handle/handle/176197 (fat storage)

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/10/1/71 (metabolism - of caffeine, but you might have to be more specific on what aspect of metbolism you are seeking)

Carson's idea is sound. You would not be "using google" as a source. Google scholar allows you to search scholarly articles from countless publications such as the New England Journal of Medicine and the AAP publications, just to name two.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    UltraRunning magazine features articles on these areas....although it may not qualify as "scholarly"
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Heyy
    I am doing a group research project about metabolism and cell function and have to come up with a proposal to my group next week about our field of study for the next 8 weeks. I need to convince them that endurance running is the best thing to study becquse it covers all the areas we studied (cell metabolism, far storage, glycogen/cqrbs, protein, enzyme action).
    I just need a scholarly article (or 3). anyone know of any??! I will be sure to post my findings up here.

Dofflin! Cough cough..... (I'm a college professor, and a bio one too.) Isn't the act of finding those articles part of your assignment? Go see your science librarian and have that person teach you how to find these articles. That's where your tuition dollars are going. Take advantage.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Heyy

Dofflin! Cough cough..... (I'm a college professor, and a bio one too.) Isn't the act of finding those articles part of your assignment? Go see your science librarian and have that person teach you how to find these articles. That's where your tuition dollars are going. Take advantage.

My point exactly.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Heyy

Yes! Don't make me despair for the state of higher education when my semester hasn't even started yet.