NaNoWriMo

Options
nina4w
nina4w Posts: 126 Member
Is anyone doing Nation Novel Writing Month this year? It's about writing 50,000 words in November. The point is to just write. I, myself, can sometimes get hung up on self editing when really, I just need to write.

The website is here: nanowrimo.org

If writing in bulk isn't your idea of a good time, that is perfectly okay! How do you like to write? Regularly at a set time every day? Or just whenever the fancy hits you?

Replies

• glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've done NaNoWriMo for five years now and this year I'm leading my students in their Young Writers Program. I'm REEEAAALLLLYYYY far behind: I've only written 637 words. **GULP**
  • nina4w
    Options
    Yep, I've done NaNoWriMo for five years now and this year I'm leading my students in their Young Writers Program. I'm REEEAAALLLLYYYY far behind: I've only written 637 words. **GULP**
    Ohmy! You can do it! And go you for joining the Young Writers Program. So far, I am at 16k.

Just take a deep breath! You do have fall break, right?
  • glittermouse
    Options
    Sadly, no--No fall break for me. So, I'm teaching full time, in grad school full time (writing my thesis now), I'm helping my kiddies with their books, trying to lose weight and trying to do NaNo. *sigh* I'm going to drink coffee like no one's business and collapse on December 1st and sleep it all off.
  • nina4w
    Options
    Wow. Good luck to you. And yes, just remember that December is for sleep.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing it this year. I've done it several years before and every November I would get sick the first week. :sick:
    This year I said forget it must be a curse! lol Not sick yet. My daughter is doing it though so I'm in from the sidelines.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hi all - my name is Trent, I'm from Denver, CO and am 28.

I'm currently donig NanoWrimo, though I'm miserably behind (at about 4000 words :indifferent: )
    Hope to have a power-week and really catch-up. Last week was more social than normal, and I've got family stuff going on, so didn't have as much writing time. Not sure what the heck happened this weekend.

Username is Denver1013 if anyone wants to add me as a writing buddy.

I wrote Fanfiction in High School and a little bit in College (X-Files and Buffy, mostly) and haven't written anything not-school related in a long time. (Graduated undergrad in 2006 and was in grad school from 2008-2010.) Hoping to use Nanowrimo to kick-off my writing again. :drinker:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I participated in and completed my first NaNo novel last year. I'm doing well this year, shooting to hit 40,000 words by the end of the day.

My handle is dreamhazer, I'll look you all up over there!
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Id love to do something like this but with uni work and all of that razz its illogical for me to participate in something like this. :) maybe next year though
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I made it to 33, 000. Last year, I made 23,000. So, that's improvement, lol!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'd say you beat the pants off of last year, Pandahead. Great job!

I did 50,272 this year, but I stil have probably 20,000+ words to write before the novel is completed. My goal is to complete the thing by the end of December, and then get to work editing in January.
  • FemaleWriter
    FemaleWriter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    77 days to go till NaNoWriMo ’12.

I’ve done NaNoWriMo since 2005 and have won 5 times. By “won”, I mean I reached the 50,000-word threshold in time. I don’t think any of my NaNo-novels are finished.

I’m hoping to participate this year with an idea that’s been bugging me since February. Usually I’m a spontaneous writer, so I’m hoping I don’t get put off by all my planning, researching, and outlining.

Anyone else thinking about NaNoWriMo yet?
  • sarahwilloughby07
    Options
    I've had my idea for a NaNo for about a week now but it's been plaguing my every waking thought and I'm itching to cheat and start now. But I'm resisting. Only 4 more days. ^_^

I also plan on doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 to start my day off before I start pounding away at the keys.
  • glittermouse
    Options
    I'm doing NaNo again. PM me your name so we can encourage each other.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the first time. Just signed up today... a bit behind, but will plug away. kitkatkmt if you'd like to add me.
  • FemaleWriter
    FemaleWriter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing NaNo this year?

This November will be my ninth attempt and hopefully seventh "win". I have 2-3 ideas floating around. The only problem I'm facing is that my writing has been stalled lately, and the ideas I have seem mostly filled with air. But, I feel up to the challenge. :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Me! This is my 3rd year, maybe 4th...I've lost track LOL.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    LadyGhostDuchess is my on NaNoWriMo
    Last November I got 53,974 words on my novel: Lives on the White Star Liner
    Last Camp I got 60,171 words on my novel: Trashed in Teal