Countdown to Capaldi!

Options
2»

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who.... the only reason I haven't pulled the plug on my cable. :bigsmile:

August 23 at 7pm central. Writing down the time now.

I pulled cable :) Hulu plus is only $8 and they air the episode the next day AND they even have the specials. I usually don't get a chance to watch same day so it worked out perfect.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    1 more week people!! :bigsmile: For those of you that have BBCA be aware that in addition to them showing all of 10 & 11's episodes & the specials they are also airing tons of different specials about Doctor Who since the beginning as well as An Adventure in Space and Time! There is a special for each Doctor starting with Hartnell through Smith as well :drinker: :love:
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Did anyone watch the Ultimate Companion special. I love Peter Davidson and seeing him interview Capaldi was a treat!
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I pulled cable a while ago. Hopefully they air next day on Hulu plus
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    The day is FINALLY here! Enjoy it everyone, our new Doctor starts tonight! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Woot-woot!!

giphy.gif
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    So, what's everyone's view of the new doctor? :)
  • savelando
    savelando Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    enjoyed it a lot. Capaldi was brilliant.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a very good first episode and Capaldi was excellent. And I say that as someone who only started liking Smith after many episodes.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I loved it! My husband? Not so much. He actually dozed off during it! He said he built it up to much in his mind, but I seriously doubt he built it up as much as I did. Sometimes he is just to analytical to let go and go along for the ride.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    like another said, Capaldi was Brilliant! :drinker:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I loved it! My husband? Not so much. He actually dozed off during it! He said he built it up to much in his mind, but I seriously doubt he built it up as much as I did. Sometimes he is just to analytical to let go and go along for the ride.

my husband said he wasn't interested in watching it anymore, I told him to try giving it a few episodes but he said he felt they pushed too much the fact that he was'' different'' and older and such and he said he felt they were trying too hard for the audience to accept him as the dr,.. blah blah blah... so It looks like it might just be me and the kids watching it from now.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HIM!!!

The rant about his eyebrows did it for me. He's The Doctor.

Now if we could just lose Clara....
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HIM!!!

Clara will be leaving in the christmas episode so I have been told... I'm intrigued as to who her replacement might be though!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    How does one view D.W. current seasons? Do I need some form of BBC? I've only seen the seasons with that doctor after Tennant (Matt?) b/c they're on Netflix. I'm not even READY for this season!

ETA: And clearly not as big of a Whovian as most of you devotees.

Netflix
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HIM!!!

Clara will be leaving in the christmas episode so I have been told... I'm intrigued as to who her replacement might be though!

Please God..... let that be true... .LOSE CLARA!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HIM!!!

\

OMG that would be SO awesome. I have my fingers crossed. She can only do one emotion. Smug bemusement.. Seriously.. dislike..

Love capaldi. I do think they were going way overboard with the love me accept me even though I'm older. Good grief.. by dr who standards he isn't old at all. I"m relieved they've gone back to their roots a bit.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HIM!!!

\

OMG that would be SO awesome. I have my fingers crossed. She can only do one emotion. Smug bemusement.. Seriously.. dislike..

Love capaldi. I do think they were going way overboard with the love me accept me even though I'm older. Good grief.. by dr who standards he isn't old at all. I"m relieved they've gone back to their roots a bit.

After much discussion with fellow Whovians this weekend I think I finally figured out WHY I don't care for her.

She is different in EVERY episode. She hasn't developed her own personality.
    I LOVED her as a Dalek and in the Christmas episode that was her second episode.
    But...ever since then she's been meh...different every time we see her.

I actually liked her a little more in Into the Dalek...but I'm still ready for someone new.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    How does one view D.W. current seasons? Do I need some form of BBC? I've only seen the seasons with that doctor after Tennant (Matt?) b/c they're on Netflix. I'm not even READY for this season!

ETA: And clearly not as big of a Whovian as most of you devotees.

You can catch up and tune in weekly at www.tvids.net as well.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HIM!!!

\

Agree - get rid of Clara. She's terribly irritating, and I agree with her having only the one emotion. I'm annoyed that they're dwelling on his age. He's The Doctor, it's ludacris.