Back sort of - lesson learned

Options
Tropical_Turtle
Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
Well I have been away from the dating scene until May of this year. The ex (camping guy) reached out to me for us to get together sometime. So we did. Then two weeks before my birthday he disapepared again. He did it the firs time around as well.

I am done! Meanwhile I have a gentleman who is interested in me, however, he is afraid of dogs. I am sorry, I have three dogs, you have to at least be tolerant of them because they were here before you and they will be here after you.

I am apparently attracting the wrong men. And at this point I am purely disgusted and fed up with the 40 something men who think they are all that and a bag of chips, when uh yeah they are not 20 somethings with fabulous bodies.

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    well... try to think of it this way: you've only been at it since May of this year, that's not too long in the whole scheme of things, really. yea, some people are lucky and find their SO's almost immediately, but for most, it takes a while and they have to sift through a bunch of - ummm - wrong ppl. I think we might just have to have patience. ditch the camping guy for GOOD - PERIOD! he's using you. the other guy, if he can meet you in the middle, maybe you can work with that??? if not, NEXT!!!! there are other guys out there, don't settle. :flowerforyou:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I absolutely will not settle because I know I deserve better than what I have encountered! :smile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with the guy that's scared of dogs, you're obviously incompatible. I wouldn't be able to date a guy with dogs either as I'm allergic so yeah, I think that's a non starter.

There's someone out there for all of us, just keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    You are right not to settle, I've been single for 1.5 years now and i'm staying single by choice. I met someone and we started seeing each other, my problem: allergic to cats to the point of wheezing when he came over, but said that cats were a non issue, even if I told him I wouldn't get rid of them.

Clearly, I could've done a lot of things and he would still have told me I was perfect for him, that was another issue. Plus, on days I would see him, I would get really stressed out on what I was eating, he is highly allergic to nuts and does not own an Epipen (which I think is stupid, it's a matter of life and death and being "too big in one's pocket" is not an excuse).

So i'll stay single for another while ;)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Single since winter of last year I think. I still do fwb with the ex-bf sometimes, I shouldn't but yeah....

We had what alot of couples would die to have, we had a deep deep connection and trust. I mean deep. But, the fact that he mooches off of his grandma (lives there, eats her food, pays absolutely nothing and has no intentions to), has somewhat bad morals (meaning he's not afraid to throw someone including me under the bus), puts too much value on material things, and thinks that it's ok to repeatedly tell me he's not attracted to me, that he wishes I was a size 8 and tan as his boots. (He's an addict if that helps explain anything - I know I know too much to go into here) but deep down on a child-like level, he really loved me. He trusts me, and understands that I'm probably one of the only positive role models in his life. Oy - didn't that make your head spin?

I'm hopeful, but busy right now. I have two jobs, my kids keep my mind hidden from me most of the time, so I'm thankful for that. But just keep pluggin along. I suppose all these crappy moments are supposed to make us appreciate the good ones when they come along. You have your moments, (I had one this morning) but just give it time and you'll get thru them.
    Keep your chin up doll!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    well... try to think of it this way: you've only been at it since May of this year, that's not too long in the whole scheme of things, really.

^^ definitely this!
  • matt_evans
    matt_evans Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For me you got to have the basics right, are you attracted, can you laugh together, do you fit around each others life, can you trust each other. If you can the that's a good start to date, explore and most importantly have fun.

Love is meant to make life amazing so if it doesn't the chances are its the wrong person and its better to move on. My last girlfriend was a lovely beautiful girl but the truth was she wasn't right for me and so it was better for both of us to move on.

Sounds to me like you know these guys were not right and have made the correct brave decision to move on, just don't let that break your spirit because you never know what (or who) is round the corner.