Just wondering what eating plan you are following?

Options
LuvMyCapt
LuvMyCapt Posts: 13 Member
Hey everyone! I am new to MFP and just wanted to spark some conversation in the group. Myself, I just started the Eat More 2 Weigh Less and so far I am loving it!!! Although the scale isn't moving I am feeling like I am repairing my metabolism and don't seem to be starving all the time!!!

Just curious what everyone else is doing!

Have a great weekend!

Replies

• divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I do modified Paleo. I try to eat between 50 and 100 grams of carbs a day. I have PCOS and tend to do best when I limit my carbs and incorporate exercise. I have worked to incorporate exercise 3-5 days a week 60 minutes at a time.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Glad you've found something you like OP!

As for me I'm just mindful of my portion sizes and make sure I'm hitting my macros daily. When I was trying to get the hang of things weighing my food was such an eye opener because I had no idea what a true portion size was. I would always just fill my plate up with food.

Pre-planning my meals the night before really helps me. For example if I know I'm having a carby breakfast like steel cut oatmeal and a 1/2 english muffin for breakfast I make sure the rest of my day isn't filled with simple carbs like white rice/flour/bread etc.

I'm maintaining now, but this helped me while I was losing too. Anything restrictive usually worked well for a short time, but always backfired on me.

I'm quite active and being tall I'm able to eat a lot and it's grrreat! :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 14 years. I am living proof that you can gain weight on a vegetarian diet! My diet is mostly vegetables, whole grains, lentils, nuts, and meat-free protein (veggie burgers, tofu), and eating the occasional single serve dessert or treat. The weight has been falling off because I was drinking a lot of my calories (wine) and eating large portions of dense foods (breads, cheese, dip).
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I follow the "eat what I want in moderation" food plan. It's been more successful for me than trying to cut out food groups or stick to diet meals and easier to maintain when I'm out with friends or family.
  • auroragr8t
    auroragr8t Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is what makes MFP so great! I found I didn't need an eating plan other than weigh everything and make sure I eat my macros. You will be healthy and you will lose weight! Just start weighing your foods and log everything!! Truly it works.
  • MrsShell17
    MrsShell17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey LoveMyCapt :-) I just made the decision to become a Part Time Vegetarian where ultimately I'll eat veggie during the week and regularly on weekends. I'm doing it one day a week as of now and then I'll slowly increase the days until it becomes 2nd nature to me. Good luck on your EM2WL!
  • liuthail
    liuthail Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nothing! No plan, I just count calories and try to shove protein in there as much as possible so I don't end up hungry. I can't cook at all so I've lost my first 25 pounds subsisting on frozen low-calorie meals and protein shakes. This works for me. I doubt it's sustainable for anyone else but I don't yet have the motivation to attempt anything else.
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    No real plan either. Calorie counting (obviously), high in protein & veggies, low on carbs.

Beyond that:
    1) Drink black coffee - so many hidden calories in sugar, milk, creamer, etc. Plus caffeine blocks the 'hungry'
    2) Sleep - I like to get seven hours of sleep minimum, 7 1/2 or 8 if I can swing it.
    3) Be active - do stuff! It doesn't matter what, even things like mowing, gardening, or chasing your kids on the playground. The trick is to begin to enjoy being active and missing it when you don't. I cycle to work and back in the summer and I definitely miss when I have to give it up due to the cold.
  • nidlena
    nidlena Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nothing particular - just trying to be within my calories goal.
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No real plan either. Calorie counting (obviously), high in protein & veggies, low on carbs.

Beyond that:
    1) Drink black coffee - so many hidden calories in sugar, milk, creamer, etc. Plus caffeine blocks the 'hungry'
    2) Sleep - I like to get seven hours of sleep minimum, 7 1/2 or 8 if I can swing it.
    3) Be active - do stuff! It doesn't matter what, even things like mowing, gardening, or chasing your kids on the playground. The trick is to begin to enjoy being active and missing it when you don't. I cycle to work and back in the summer and I definitely miss when I have to give it up due to the cold.

^^^ This! Plus I would add, Low-er in carbs, because there are some days when I just have to eat cake! And I do!
    I've also found that there is no cheating on a calorie count type "diet" because I eat whatever I want in moderation. If I go over my calories for a day, I go back down to 1200 the following day! The pounds continue to drop off of me by doing this. Oh, and I eat about every three hours to keep my metabolism burning! :)
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high fat is working well for me. I don't feel deprived, which prevents binges. Always satisfied and pleased with my energy levels, too.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm on a see-food diet. If want it, I'm truly hungry AND it fits in my calories for the day, then its all set to get eaten. If not, then without it I go.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm using Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Eat more 2 weigh less.. I used to follow the usual extreme low calorie diet but failed so many times. This time I eat at my BMR level. Also no special diet or restrictions, just try to eat homemade and healthy most of the time. Losing weight at a steady pace. :)
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I like so long as it fits within my calorie budget (1450). I also workout, but I don't eat back all of my calories burned.
  • bonedacious99
    bonedacious99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    atkins is showing promise for me
  • Jamers1986
    Options
    At the beginning of this year I started a weight loss challenge at work but wasn't putting in much effort. After I got back from my business conference I decided to do a 60 day challenge to myself. I am not allowed to buy food outside the grocery store or my business and this forced me to really meal plan. I started adding extra veggies to everything and before I knew it I was keeping my calories low but consistently feeling satisfied. I've lost 20 lbs since the beginning of the year. My biggest advice is think out your food decisions. Every meal I have something sweet, usually fruit but sometimes yogurt. I'm at 35 days today and it's easier now then ever. I finally have hope that I'm going to get under 200 lbs for the first time since I was 13.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was on the 20/20 Diet (Dr Phil), but found that it isn't enough calories. I like some of thr foods, so I am still eating them but eating more. I have used Scooby Calculator to find out my TDEE and then decided to set my cal intake to 2205 cal per day. This is supposed to help me lose 1-2 lbs per week as long as I exercise 3-5 times per week. So far so good. I am not hungry and I have enough energy to do my workouts and I am hoping this will work. I can't handle low calorie diets too long. I am trying to eat at least 100 grams of protien per day or more and at least 30 grams of fiber per day. It's hard to get a lot of protien, so I have been supplementing with Quest bars as snacks and drinking smoothies with added green protein.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need a better plan, so looking here for inspiration. My calorie intake with losing 1 lb a week (5'10, 192 lb) is 1580. I feel like I'm starving the closer I get to 1500, so I HAVE to work out to be able to get 1 more snack or something. It was my understanding, that we really shouldnt eat less than 1500 cals in general, especially for taller women...thoughts on that?