Epilator for facial hair?

Options
This woman at work has been raving about how she has used an epilator on her arms and legs for years and loves it. She says she only has to do it like once a month. I'm a daily face shaver and the idea of going even a few days is super appealing. I started looking around on the internet at different brands etc and noticed they do have them for women's faces....however it then said then men should not use them on their faces. Anyone tried?
(looking for thoughts from people who do have more than just some tweezable hair)

Replies

• A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've used one, but have given it up for a twist on threading...you will get similar results as tweezing just it's quicker. I get about 3-4 days out of tweezing or threading. What I didn't like about it is at least the one I had wouldn't grab some of the thicker more stubborn hair. So I'd have to go back and tweeze anyway :-/
  • rannc
    rannc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Epilating is really bad for your face and the type of hair growth PCOSers have. Plucking and epilating causes the hormonally grown hair to grow back thicker and coarser. Unfortunately, I did not learn this until after I started epilating and the texture of my hair turned coarser, darker, and thicker. :(

I'd encourage you to look into an electric razor. I like using an electric razor over disposables.