August Challenge Sat Aug 23rd to Fri Aug 29th

Options

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was a much better day in regards to my food intake... so I'm working on making it two days in a row! :tongue:

Cool mornings make it hard to get out of bed. Can't believe how chilly it is for August. And not thrilled with the prediction of rain again this weekend. I so want to get out backpacking!!
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I know all I ever do is share links on these things...and that MFP discussion boards are NOT link friendly, but I found this really awesome tool online to calculate macros for fast food. I'm going to be going to a wedding in Wichita (10 hours away from me) on Thursday and fast food will be inevitable. I think this tool will really help me make SMART decisions so I can stay within my macros!

http://www.fastfoodprotein.com/

It was designed for mobile (so you can pull it up on the fly) so it is optimized for your smart phone! The guy that designed it posted that he will be adding more fast food places as they are recommended to him. Fortunately for me, this covers all of the fast food available to me anyways :).

For fun, I did a compare all and then sorted by Protein/100 kcal and the top 5 results were...

Company Product Cal Prot/kcal P C F
    KFC Original Recipe Chicken Breast Without Skin Or Breading130 22.3 29 2 0
    KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken Breast 220 18.2 40 7 0
    Subway Double Chicken Salad 220 16.4 36 5 10
    Chick-fil-A Grilled Nuggets 140 16.4 23 3 4
    Wendy's Asian Cashew Chicken Salad 210 15.7 33 4 13

We don't have a Chick-fil-A, but I'm most interested in those Grilled Nuggets! Has anyone ever had them before?
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Chik fil a grilled nuggets are awesome, problem is I could eat five pounds of them.... lol
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"I know it doesn't matter, but I don't see that I jumped in a day late if it started on August 1st, since I have a post on August 1st lol. It's been fun regardless. Early Tuesday check in!"
    [/quote]

You are right Kevin I missed that. Sorry! When this is over if anyone wants to check there results feel free to correct me because I'm sure I could have missed some others.

This week is going pretty good. I am loving all the fresh tomatoes and peppers from the garden. Fresh salsa, BLT's, sauteed pepper and onions, with zucchini. Yum!

I feel sorry for you all in Montana, 38 degree in August is just not right. We are dreading winter coming but at least we have another two months of pretty decent weather. I love fall in Ohio.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Carol, I had to look up Artic Enema. HAHA! I ended up watching a few clips. You Toughmudders are pretty hardcore. Does anyone know how many miles the courses are? I am not a runner, but maybe someday I could work up to it.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Aah 38, Its been over 90 all week with a few feels like over 100! busy day and it almost got away from me..Been trying to wean off of my lupus meds and the pain in my joints is starting to come back.
    Carol - I think if I started getting more than 5 hours sleep a night, I might feel better.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Checking in real quick, going to Muay Thai now that my ankle feels better.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Well an interesting day today, End of Life Care Training got mentally challenging for me today. Hospice training is about death and quality of life and quality of dying. Instructor kept going on and on about how it must be the worst thing in the world to lose a child, and how family never gets over it. Seems like she repeated it a dozen times. (for those of you who don't know I am both a widower and a surviving father) I just wanted to explode. Wanted to jump up and scream "you're Right! You can't wrap your mind around it til its happened!" Stayed calm though went back down to the office after training and let it out down there. That deamon slayed for the day. Not a biggie but set a mood. Then Courtyard on the dementia ward got closed off again (no warning) goat screwed my programing for the evening. Adjusted; did some good stuff in copper with one of the guys and got another one interested (maybe). So 2100 hrs (9:00 PM) Got in my car to head home and tire was flat. No problem got the air pump out and pumped it up,parking lot at VA is a bit dark to try a tire change so headed for the interstate to change it there. less than halfway needed to stop again now the air pump won't work. Ok light is a little better so will change the tire. Open up the compartment and jack and jack handle are held in place with a black wing nut. Very tightly held in fact. look through my car no pliers or wrench (when did that happen? My dad is now rolling in his grave) So find the big flat tip and figure I can get it started by tapping on one of the wings. First tap and find out it's a PLASTIC WING NUT which is now broken but still in place. So at 2148 hrs call a co worker who gets in her car drives 15 miles to bring me a pair of pliers. Her hubby ends up doing most the work to change my tire.
    Drive 120 miles home at 50mph just got in but you know what. I am blessed. It's quarter to two and toddlin off to bed. Gotta take the day off tomorrow to get new tires. (Been on the agenda for a while should a done it last Saturday. My fault.)

PS Happy Wednesday Folks. Give those you love and extra tight hug today. :)
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wednesday. Big presentation today. A bit anxious.

Dexa scan. Wow. Harsh reality. But really good to know. Gotta a lot of work to do. Still wish I'd gotten one at the beginning. More to make sure I've lost just fat not lean. Made me realize my goal may be quite a bit further than I'd convinced myself.

On the unexpected bright side... Bone mineral density/ strength is really good. I index 111 vs a young adult and 120 vs a woman my age.
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    whats up everyone. Just checking in on how the group is doing. Ive had a tough time coming out of my deload due to laziness. So what was supposed to be a week break turned into two weeks. Im back at it now though.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning!

Hammer it sounds like you need a vacation! Hope things straighten out a bit for you.

I have not been eating anywhere close to right most days, either I seem to be to busy or to tired to care, but that's summer for me... thankfully I have been working hard enough to maintain as opposed to gaining. Going to have to shop differently, so there is less processed stuff around to grab and eat. With 6 kids there is always junk in the house though... so yeah... willpower. ..

Montana sounds wonderful, can't wait for winter to get here.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Did well with my eating yesterday... until the evening. Not sure what the deal is, but once I have little snack in the evening, it seems to trigger something in me that causes me to continue eating. Something I have been working on for a long time, and obviously something I still need to work on. I'll get that under control one of these days!
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning! Not much to report. Did a walk at noon yesterday since the roads had dried out well, and then again this morning. Hopefully by Friday I will be back up to 5 miles a day in two sessions.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a pretty rough day John. I hope you can get your tires quickly today and enjoy some down time and relaxation.

Still two pounds up for me this week so I don't know if that will come off by Friday or not. I used to be able to count on a loss no matter what I ate on treat day but does not seem to be the case anymore.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome Wednesday,
    Mighty awesome attitude there Hmrjmr1. I might not be able to get by without a few drat and dirty words:wink:
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    John, hope you have a better day today!

Didn't get enough carbs last night and went over on my protein...not happy about it, but I'll just have to work on it. Having just the worst time getting clean carbs. Might have to add in some rice. Tomorrow I leave for Wichita, KS. I will be trying hard to keep IIFYM in mind. Does anybody make a vacation or trip diet?
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Same problem with the evening snack Stacy. Hardest time of the day for me.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Mark: you are so right. SLEEP is such a major factor and I am not getting enough. I could hear it in that last podcast. BTW: thanks for all the kind words everyone. But I wish I had more time and energy for the podcast. I can't believe how dang tired I am all the time now. I had white rice tonight. Jef told me to try one serving (maybe 1/2 a cup) to give me a bit more energy in the second half of the week. Of course I had 2 cups. (sigh)
    That is that evening thing Stacy. I'm like you. I do great all day and then night falls and I turn into this hungry beast! LOL

Hey Rae: you can TOTALLY do a Tough Mudder. They are 10-13 miles. There are some elite athletes jogging a lot of it but join my team. We jog a bit in the beginning and then it is A LOT of walking. Do one girl!! We have Dallas on Oct 4th and Florida in November with Lisa Jarmon.

John - I am inspired by your attitude the other night. You are an example of how we should all look on the bright side when things go South.

Keep being awesome guys!!!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Quick check in long boxing practice tonight.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks! Thanks for ll the love yesterday. Getting the tires replaced did not start well but ended up with new tires at a 50% discount so Karma was in full gallop to close the loop.

Mark - the drats and dirty words were flying around the parking lot when I was looking for pliers... ;)

Kim - The Dexa scan is pretty cool, haven't found one around here.

Folks out West with the cooler temps, Couldn't manage your winters with my arthritis. God Bless ya.

Chris - I don't try to plan meals on the road. But I look for the places I know I can keep it close, like Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn Steak, all the breakfast places are doable with eggs and bacon and coffee and I can do breakfast 24/7 Have a good trip lad.

Carol when is the race in Florida? I do not run/jog at all any more. So not sure about a tough mudder but my bucket list is to do Warrior dash every five years from age 60-90. That starts this coming year so looking at the options. My 16 mile Carry the Fallen Ruck walk has been moved to Sep 27th So plenty of time if any of you want to come to Savannah. I've got plenty of room at my house so trans would be your only cost.

Have a great day Folks. Keep on Jammin'!