Anyones insurance pay4 protein shakes from Insure Nutrition

Options
lbrown1428
lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
Hey, I just had my nutritional pre-op class today. There were some girls in my class that told us that a lot of insurances covers protein shakes from this company Insure Nutrition. I'm checking into myself, but wondered if anyone else had ever used it before? They ship 1 month worth of pre-made protein shakes to you if your insurance covers it.

Replies

• lbrown1428
    Options
    Anyone?!
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that- in my experience,most carriers do not pay for any type of "medical food" just as they would not pay of regular food. Also, with so many protien shake options out there it's not necessary to limit yourself to one supplier. The protien shake phase isn't easy, and taste counts! Not all shakes are equal- one with low carb and low sugar is a necessity. I hope you find something that works! My MD ofc was really into selling thier brand- I tried it and found that GNC Slimshake was comparable nutrient wise, and a little better in price and flavor. Same with the vitamens. WLS is an industry- and when it's time to get your supplies it's important to remember that even your MD's ofc is looking to make money.
  • lbrown1428
    Options
    This company is made for insurances to use them. I haven't checked yet, but there were a few people on my class who had already checked and their insurance for one said they would cover her for her shakes for 7 months. 1 of the shakes that was recommended to us is on the list. It has 30 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar and 5 grams of total carbohydrates.
  • lbrown1428
    Options
    Also yes my surgeons office advertises things the boutique store in the hospital sells, but they don't sell it themselves. They also did not tell us about this company a woman in the class found the website. So I will call my insurance and find put if it is covered or not.
  • itsanewdaycassandra
    Options
    No but you can pay for it with your FSA once you get a note from the surgeons office