Best protein to add to iced coffee?

Options
ATXHeather
ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
I usually drink an iced coffee (decaf these days) when I am out and about in the afternoons. It keeps me from snacking at all of the activities I bring my kids too. I am trying to up my protein by adding protein to the coffee but I haven't had any luck in finding a brand/flavor that mixes well. I've tried Unjury Vanilla, J Robb Chocolate, About Time (different flavors). I don't like Syntrax because it is just too artificial tasting. Anyone have any recommendations? I was looking at Chike or Click online and was wondering if anyone has tried those? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like Chike but only really cold and even a little slushy-actually make coffee ice cubes and blend with it.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I like Chike as well, I mix it with almond milk and ice. It's yummy!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I find the click is really strong, and it has caffeine in it (the one I have does) I don't drink it anymore.

I like to brew a cup of decaf before I go to bed, then I put it in the fridge. I use it to make my shake in the morning instead of milk or water.
    I like to blend mine with a few ice cubes.

I just bought a HUGE tub of Kaizen chocolate at Costco yesterday. I haven't tried it my way (with coffee) yet, but my daughter made a shake last night with milk, and I liked the taste of it. I'm planning on making a coffee on tomorrow. Hope it tastes good!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Also, if you want to try chike or click, go to nashuanutrition.com you can buy samples for $1.99 each.
    That's what I did. I bought 5 of each (they have a limit of 5 per flavour, per order) to try.
    I'm glad I did too, because after my surgery, my tastes changed dramatically! What I loved before? I hated after.

Even now, 9 weeks out, my tastes change from day to day!
  • tboosrn
    tboosrn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really like the Chike. It has great flavor. Haven't tried adding protein to iced coffee, but might be worth a try. I really don't like to whip any of the protein powders, though. Seems to change the consistency to a frothy mess that makes me sick to my stomach!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I use premier protein powdered vanilla. It is good.

Try this:
    Brew strong coffee, refrigerate, then freeze your iced coffee into cubes. Then, in the morning, mix the protein powder with some skim milk, a little more concenrated than you usually make it, add some frozen coffee cubes, and blend. You can do this with RTD protein shakes from the grocery store - it is yummy with the RTD chocolate premier protein shake.
  • Kipperdoodle13
    Kipperdoodle13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried True Nutrition proteins? I am waiting on my delivery of the Java Mocha flavor.
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll order some sample packs. And I am going to make some coffee ice cubes now in hopes that they are ready later this afternoon so I can try blending with the Premier Protein Chocolate drink.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love Chike and drink it every day. I tried Click and found it repulsive -- one of the few protein drinks I just refused to finish and poured down the garbage disposal. But I know a lot of people who absolutely love Click -- it's a very individual thing. If you do use Chike, watch the calories and carbs -- I use one scoop rather than their recommended two scoops.