New to the group and Polar Loop

Options
loriacarr
loriacarr Posts: 14 Member
I just pushed the buy button! My Polar Loop should be here sometime next week. I am sure I will have tons of questions once it arrives! I am so excited. I have been trying to decide between the Garmin and the Loop for awhile now. Finally, decided to go with the Loop. :)

Replies

• Numb5kull
    Numb5kull Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to the group. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Its fairly straight forward but there are a couple less than intuitive things about it..like...sync'ing with MFP. :)
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to sync the Loop with MFP?
  • Numb5kull
    Options
    Yes, you have to use MapMyFitness also. If you sync your Loop with MapmyFitness and then sync Mapmyfitness with MFP it works fine. I only do this for workouts, not for daily steps. The categories it reports for exercise to MFP is often wrong, but that is an issue between MFP and MMF, not the Loop.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • deup
    deup Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the loop. Have had mine for 4 weeks and I pair with the polar H7 and it's fantastic. Battery life could be better but over all I am vary satisfied with it. I manually put in my workouts in mfp because I find mfp to be way off for calorie counts lol. Polar flow is fantastic with the loop :)
  • kraigiark
    kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group as well. Just purchased my loop & H7 on Saturday. Was using the FT2 for a while before this. I've been manually entering in the calories to mfp but I might try to use MMF and see how that works as far as automatic syncing goes as Numb5kull advised. :)
  • Numb5kull
    Options
    As of the most recent update, the Flow app now syncs activity with MFP. I'm testing it for the first time today. I got a bit frustrated with inconsistency in the Flow-MMF-MFP sync'ing and switched back to manual entry, that and iOS wasn't cooperating either and double posting stuff when it shouldn't have been. We'll see how the new direct link works.

• kraigiark
    kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It must be an update for ios only right now. I see no connect option for the Android app yet. :(
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Numb5kull wrote: »
    As of the most recent update, the Flow app now syncs activity with MFP. I'm testing it for the first time today. I got a bit frustrated with inconsistency in the Flow-MMF-MFP sync'ing and switched back to manual entry, that and iOS wasn't cooperating either and double posting stuff when it shouldn't have been. We'll see how the new direct link works.

I thought I was the only one. I shut off my he MMF app and any exercise I do shows up in MFP. But the steps are still coming from the ihealth app, I would like to just use the loop
  • MalekaSparkle
    MalekaSparkle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the MFP directly synced w/my Polar Flow app and I continue to get double postings. Also, im not confident the in the accuracy of calories burned either.
  • Numb5kull
    Options
    iOS health apps are the likely culprit for double postings. If Flow is syncing to health and to MFP, and then health is updating MFP....double post. Disable one or the other....I quit allowing health to update most stuff, just use it to gather data.
  • deup
    deup Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    few problems i not happy with i linked the flow to mfp and when i did my workouts. or cardio it always logged it as a job or a run.. grrr i tried changing that on the flow to show properly what i did but mfp still showed running or jogging. anyone know how to change this
  • victoriamanley901
    Options
    Hi I got a polar loop but wondering if it worth buying the heart rate monitor ??? I had the t4 with heart rate monitor t31 trying syncing with polar loop buy it won't lol
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Hi I got a polar loop but wondering if it worth buying the heart rate monitor ??? I had the t4 with heart rate monitor t31 trying syncing with polar loop buy it won't lol

That's up to you. I always had syncing issues and I find it difficult to change the batteries on the chest strap.
  • millercheryl
    millercheryl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to using polar with fitness pal. I just set up my loop to sync with fitness pal and it seems to have worked with my first workout. However, in the exercise settings, I set "enable negative adjustments" and it adjusted my 500 cal workout by appx. 200 calories. Can someone explain to me what this is and the benefits of enabling? Thanks in advance!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal sets up your activity level and an approximation of calories burned based on your daily activities so the negative adjustment is to account for this. I don't personally have mine set that way