What is your clean + OHP numbers?

Options
JeffseekingV
JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
I'm terrible at this but I was wondering how everyone else does.

46 yo, 170lbs.

The best clean I can manage is only 185lbs.

The best clean + OHP I can manage is 165lbs.

I tried to clean OHP 175lbs but I can't manage to lock it out on the OHP. I could probably try to use more leg push and more downward move to lock and then just straighten up the legs but it wouldn't really be a OHP after all that?

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Strict Press? Probably about 135 or 145.

Clean about 195. that's a power clean too, I suck at squat cleans.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Strict Press? Probably about 135 or 145.

Clean about 195. that's a power clean too, I suck at squat cleans.

Just saw you commenting about a dip down before OHP, so not strict. What I would call a push press. Probably about 165 push press, maybe 185 jerk press?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    48 years old and 243 lbs.

Not sure yet, still getting over shoulder surgery. Did hit 225 for reps the other day for push press. Did strict press with 225 before surgery. Hoping to strict press 250 sometime next year.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Damn that's impressive.
  • sinister2014
    sinister2014 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    best i've done

hang clean 225 lbs

OHP 225 lbs

done at different times....numbers aren't that high at the moment.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Usually my full clean is 125 and my jerk is 145 easy. The jerk is probably more now. I got 135 PR power clean a while back but full clean is weak for me right now (pain when I catch it due to old pre-Crossfit wrist/thumb thing so I fear it). My strict press in June was 105 but I have been doing Wendler on it and will re-test again soon. Hopefully it's going up, but OHP (strict press) takes forever to move. Anything strength related, I can move up. Anything technique related, I gotta practice, practice, practice, practice! :laugh:
  • bookloverlori
    bookloverlori Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My power clean is higher than my full clean... by a lot. My pc is 155... my jerk is only 145 though.
    Strict press is 115.
    Haven't gone for a one rep on OHS in a while... don't have any idea what it is. It was 110, but that was close to a year ago.
    My squat, though... 265 back squat, 205 front...
    Not bad for a 43 year old Mom of 5! ;)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My power clean is higher than my full clean... by a lot. My pc is 155... my jerk is only 145 though.
    Strict press is 115.
    Haven't gone for a one rep on OHS in a while... don't have any idea what it is. It was 110, but that was close to a year ago.
    My squat, though... 265 back squat, 205 front...
    Not bad for a 43 year old Mom of 5! ;)
    Awesome!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I pulled 140# full squat clean and a 125# push jerk Monday. I was totally messing around on the push jerk being my first time really doing off the rack so I am sure I can push more. I am a 170# 30yr ole gal.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We just did oly total and crossfit total as part of our testing this week and I pr'd my clean and jerk at 155# (squat clean/split jerk) so was happy with that. I never actually got to go to failure as I ran out of time, but i know i've jerked 158# from the rack so I think I have more in the tank. It's pretty cool to look back though as I had never done really any lifting prior to cf and my c+j when i first started was like 73#, crossfit works :)
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just PR'd my clean at 125# but felt good--could have gotten 135 easy I think. But could only jerk at 120#. I'm having some mental issues with the split jerk and trying to work on my technique (I have a tendency to want to press it out which I'm trying to work on). I can only strict press 85# though. My hip work is much better than my upper body strength in general (hence my badass handstand pushups when I can kip and the inability to do any strict, haha).

Edit: and oh, I'm 33 and about 140#.