Attempt the August 2014 Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I was really sick at the beginning of the month so I didn't get a chance to run until Aug. 9. I am back on track. I lost days to get miles in so I am going to say my goal is 130.
    I'm in for 80 miles. I know we're half way into the month already, but better late than never, right?

Join in the fun!

I've updated the spreadsheet.

Personally this taper is really taking its toll on my mileage. On the other hand if all goes well I'll get 26.2 on Sunday which should help get things back on track!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am going to join late this time around shooting for 34 to slowly get my self back on track
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    "Personally this taper is really taking its toll on my mileage. On the other hand if all goes well I'll get 26.2 on Sunday which should help get things back on track!"
    [/quote]

Good luck - looking forward to hearing how it goes!!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Everyone looks to be doing great this month. Just 11 days left, keep it up!

For me, the marathon went pretty well, especially the ascent. It was an awesome experience! I'm finding that I have recovered pretty quickly as well; I'm hoping to do a reasonably long run on Saturday, maybe 12 miles or so.

If you're interested, here's my blog post about the race:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/davemunger/view/race-recap-the-pikes-peak-marathon-688003
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well, I won't be making my monthly goal but, with 2 runs left, I should have my best month since January!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've reached my goal, and I even broke 200 miles for the first time ever. I also reached my unwritten goal of over 31 hours of running for the month (1 hour a day). And I'm looking at my biggest week ever too.

It's been a good month :)
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Well I made my goal! But it has been a tough month!

Need glute strengthening exercises - any ideas??

Now I have a rotten cold and bad cough so couldn't do my long run today - did do a short one though :wink:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    didn't reach my goal. I was sick for 2 weeks but I was only 7 miles short of my goal. I am calling it success.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Made my goal for August. What a tough month of running! Sure hope September brings some easier runs! In for 170 in September.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well, I ended up with 87.1 miles for the month! I set my goal based on the two weeks in a row that I ran 34 miles last month, but I followed those with a 14 and a 12. I've managed 20 for the last two, and feel really good with that!
  • davemunger
    Options
    I finished with 159 -- 41 miles short of the goal. But that was mainly because I went on a 51-mile backpacking trip with my daughter last week. Incredible scenery, amazing father-daughter bonding, and a pretty decent running month means an overall win for me. I'm still on the road so I probably won't get the September challenge up until tomorrow or the next day. Great job everyone!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    That backpacking trip sounds incredible!

Fell short of my goal because I missed one long run, and with my work schedule I wasn't able to make it up. BUT - at 71ish miles I think it is my biggest month ever by one or two miles.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    September 1...7 miles.
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    September 1 - 5 miles. Goal of 70 miles for September.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    September goal 80 miles (3.03 so far today)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Another 200 miles for September. 10 miles today 9/1