Driving adjustment (just a FYI)

Options
sodakat
sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
I drive school bus. Bought my Fitbit after the season ended last spring so had not experienced the jostling the bus does to my Fitbit and the incorrect steps. I started driving again and now am manually logging the time that I drive into Fitbit so my steps aren't exaggerated.

I don't know if anyone else has trouble finding where to log this but in case you do, here is how you do it for Flex on your android phone. Click on "very active minutes" which will bring up a new screen. Then chose the "+" sign in the upper right corner. Next click on the magnifying glass in upper right, which allows you to search activities. There are two options for driving, from what I can tell:

1) Automobile or light truck (not a semi) driving
2) Driving heavy truck, tractor, bus

"Car" does not return any results for driving, btw. I choose option 1 because I want the calories to be on the low side, even though I do drive a bus. You enter the start time, then length of time doing that activity.

I was surprised how many steps were added by the bouncy ride on the school bus.

Replies

• nicoleeoff
    nicoleeoff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks!
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have been trying to figure this out!!! :happy:
  • wlock75
    wlock75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it took me forever trying to figure this out too. I often take long business trips and use this to adjust the steps.
  • garbagedog
    Options
    I just put my FitBit into activity mode before driving and stop it before I get out of the car. Then, the activity record is on the FitBit website. Helps to give you your start time and duration without having to guess.