Best Exercises for the Beginner with a Lot to Lose

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybugsmama66
    Options
    You might want to try a program called Body and Spirit (by **** Nunez on Dish Network 3ABN (Religious channel) and is also available on You Tube. It is 30 mins of low impact aerobics. I did it all the way through today,and feel pretty good afterwards.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I guess I'm boring. I walk. I go to the gym, so I also do weight training. But walking is my sole cardio. And 90% of it is on a treadmill. The treadmill is easier on my knees than elipticals, and easier on my ankles than concrete/asphalt. I either plug into the TV's at the gym or I stick some music in my ears and I just go… I love it. I don't find it boring at all. Sometimes I hate to stop because it'll mean unplugging (either from the TV or the music).
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Chair Zumba is fun... found some on YouTube... I don't do regular Zumba as it's not the greatest on our knees and my knees don't need to be in any worse shape.

But, if you'd like some funky/fun music and enjoy chair workouts, you might just love some on YouTube. Yoga is also a great workout to flexibility and it can also be done on a chair.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Sorry, but I guess I'm boring. I walk. I go to the gym, so I also do weight training. But walking is my sole cardio. And 90% of it is on a treadmill. The treadmill is easier on my knees than elipticals, and easier on my ankles than concrete/asphalt. I either plug into the TV's at the gym or I stick some music in my ears and I just go… I love it. I don't find it boring at all. Sometimes I hate to stop because it'll mean unplugging (either from the TV or the music).
    Doesn't sound boring to me! :wink: Hey if it's working for you, then it's perfect. We all find something that suits us and it may or may not be right away... but if we're moving and we enjoy it... that's what counts the most. If we love what we do we'll more likely keep it up!:drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I started at 555 pounds. I walked with a cane and was winded every ten steps. I had and still have very bad knees.

I started with water aerobics five days a week. After a couple months I started adding lap swimming to the water aerobics. Several months later I added a recumbent trainer (aka. seated elliptical).

I am a HUGE advocate of starting with water aerobics. Easy on the joints and as hard of a workout as you want to make it.
    Absolutely agree! Water walking, swimming, classes, water treading in the deep.... it's also so much easier in the water and it's hard work but you don't even know you're sweating while you're getting a hard workout in!:bigsmile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I love Zumba too. I have been doing as much as I can. I up to 20 minutes now!
    Does it bother your knees at all?