Activity types

Options
patsully98
patsully98 Posts: 40 Member
Hi folks, new to the group. I've had my jawbone since June and I love it. I am wondering, though, does anyone have a good explanation of the activity types in the stopwatch mode? I do a simple kettlebell routine (swings and Turkish get ups; the program is called Simple and Sinister). I've been logging it as cross training but that's just a guess, and I'm looking for guidance. Thanks!

Replies

• raymiles
    raymiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's all guesswork anyway, since we all burn calories at different rates and assessing the level of an activity is purely subjective. If you can get an idea of how many calories your routine burns from another source, just log it in such a way that it inputs that number. If it helps, my Fitstar routines, which sync to UP, log as cross training, in the zone. My SixPack routines don't sync to UP but they do sync to MFP. Have you checked to see if Simple and Sinister or something like it is an option for logging on MFP?
  • patsully98
    patsully98 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ray. No luck on logging to MFP. I might wear my HRM during the swing portion, but as Turkish getups are a grind like a set of bench presses (for example), an HRM probably won't do much. I'll most likely continue to record the workout as cross training, and just be conservative with eating the calories back. Thanks again for responding.